Author Topic: Need help from professionals regarding gyno!!  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Gynoguy123

Recently decided I should head to hospital and consulted a doctor about my gynecomastia issue. Doctor came and felt my chest and said it was just fats and there is nothing much to be removed. He also asked if I was taking any bodybuilding supplements such as whey protein and I said yes and he told me not to take too much of those. Kind of in doubt at this point of time.

Since I have undescended testicle, the doctor needs to do a thorough check up.(Will be doing the check up in 2 weeks time)  Ultrasound on chest and groin. Did my undescended testicle resulted in the fatty tissues around my chest area? The doctor also told me that it may grow back after removing it.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Whey protein will not cause gynecomastia.  There are supplements, which can cause it--mostly these are hormonally active, not simply nutritional supplements.  Most doctors know very little about sports supplements.  You may have some hormonal imbalance related to your undescended testicle, so appropriate testing should be done. If that's all normal, surgery should be corrective with low risk of recurrence.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery