Author Topic: My story- 20 yo- One day after surgery!  (Read 4017 times)

Offline sammyb

I began to develop larger breast at around at 13 or so.  I was always an overweight child so I did not worry about my breast as much as just being fat in general.  I did a great job of not letting my condition get to me.  I am a rather large person and by my junior year I was about 6'4 255 lbs.  I was a 3 year starter on the offensive line.  This is likely the reason I did not have as traumatic time with my gyne as some others.  Only my closest friends teased me, and they did it in good taste.  After football season my senior year I decided it was time to get rid of these nipples.  I discovered this site around the same time as I went on my weight loss journey.  Over the course of a year I lost a total of 70 lbs.  My main motivation the whole time was having a normal chest.  I am here to tell you that anyone can lose weight if I can.  I love food, but I found that you can still eat good food but in a healthy way.  I am now rather skinny and in pretty good shape.  I worked out my chest obsessively but to no avail.  The puffy nipples still remained.  I found that I was much more self-conscience now that I had a skinny body with big moobs.  I worked up the courage to talk with my mom (who I am very very close with) about my problem.  She took me to our general practitioner the same day.  Although she said she had noticed my constant pinching and rubbing while I had my shirt off, she never thought it looked that bad.  However, she said that she would help me any way she could.  The doctor confirmed that it was gynecomastia and told me to lay off of caffeine for two weeks and to take vitamin E.  That did not change anything.  I tried flaxseed, vitamin b6, and an estrogen blocker.  Nothing came close to working.  I became more aware of my problem everyday.  I bought a Spanx for men and it works amazingly but I hated wearing it everyday.  I began researching MDs near Nashville TN.  I found a doctor in Franklin TN and scheduled a consultation.  He was very comforting and nice and assured me he could have my chest looking amazing.  The fact that he played linebacker at Notre Dame was also a big bonus to me.  I booked my surgery for 2 weeks after my consultation.  The surgery was honestly a breeze.  He just did a glandular excision as I don't really have any fat on my chest.  I am at home recovering today and honestly I feel fine.  Excuse any typos or rambling in this post as I am on Percocet and feel a tad goofy.  I will put before pictures up in the next hour and post my first after pics tomorrow when I get to remove the bandages.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.   The doctors name is Dr. Michael Burgdorf by the way and as long as my results are what I hoped for, I HIGHLY recommend him.

Offline sammyb

This is the night before my surgery at maximum puffiness.  I will post post op pics tomorrow.

Offline sb92

how much was your procedure, its all well and good for those of us who can afford it and confronting it is the biggest issue. but for those of us who are more then willing to seek help but plain can't afford it, i'm one of those and there is no greater pain = (

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
Cool. Mine is similar to yours. Please keep us updated. Thanks!

Offline Shawnw1531

• Bronze Member
My condition is also similar to yours. Please let us know how it went and how much it was. I am  currently looking for a surgeon.

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
Hey man, sorry to hear about your pain, i see where you're coming from. How are you getting on now post surgery? My chest is pretty similar, or was, I had surgery four days ago and not too sure the outcome yet. They did some lypo for me but the main issue were the glands causing puffy nipples. Nervous about taking those bandages off but everything seems ok so far.

Do you have any post op pics?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024