Author Topic: This Doesn't Look Right?  (Read 2041 times)

Offline ackhee

Hi

I really need some advise regarding my situation.

Last year in April I had lipo on my chest to address my gyni, the surgeon thought that that would get the desired result, but it didn't.  I had an excision in August last year, I had a hematoma on the left side of my chest which required surgery the day after, it settled down about a week later. I am now 8 months post surgery and to me my chest still looks the same, it seems like the glands are still there and I now lso have keliod scaring around my nipples.

I have spoken to the surgeon and sent him pictures but he has not physically examined me, as he is thousands of miles away.  He thinks that it is likely to be scaring tissue caused by the hematoma which he believes can be removed.  Based on what I have read on this site I found his comments a little odd, I am also concerned that further surgery will distort the shape of my chest even more.

I am so disappointed. Link below to some images before and after

This is the link to me in June 2012 Pre excision.

imageshack.us/a/img11/8228/june2012b.jpg

8 months post surgery this is how my chest looks now.

imageshack.us/a/img580/6533/img0337ve.jpg

imageshack.us/a/img23/4504/april2013left.jpg

Any suggestions as to the way forward?  

Thanks for taking the time to give your thoughts.

Offline ackhee

I would really appreciate any comments by the doctors.

Thanks

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Sorry to hear about your issues.  I have to agree that your photos don't look like much was done, other than the incisions by your areolae.  Without knowing exactly what was done, it's tough to comment on the previous procedures, however, it looks like you need more aggressive liposuction to adequately remove fat, and possibly additional gland removal.  The scars can be addressed at that time, and while you might still develop hypertrophic scars, some efforts at management might minimize the severity.  I'm not sure if it's worth a trip back to your previous surgeon--Your time and money might be better spent with a surgeon who focuses on gynecomastia, such as the surgeons on this forum.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com