Author Topic: So, high estrogen (e2) is what caused my gyno?  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Xavier

• Bronze Member
I did a random blood test a few weeks ago to check my hormonal profile and it turns out my estradiol is sky high (300, on a 75-150 range) and my testosterone is that of an 80 year old type 2 diabetic. I am 20 years old. I now think my estrogen has been sky high for my entire life and that's what caused my  gyno. I immediately went to an edocrinologist and asked if I have ever used anabolic steroids but I hadn't of course. He made me do an MRI of the pituary gland to rule out a tumor and the result was that I didn't have any tumor. I've been feeling that my nipples are starting to feel tender again and I fear the gyno is coming back. I'm going to see a new endocrinologist this Monday because I suspect he will do a karyotype to rule out a chromosome issue.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm not sure what you're looking for from us at the moment, but the first thing you need to do before addressing your gynecomastia is what is going on with your hormone levels.  Not that it's good news, but the one thing I'd say is that if you have a XXY karyotype or other genetic cause of your problems, you may get coverage from your insurance for treatment! 

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com