Author Topic: I'm going on holiday to Spain, help!  (Read 3002 times)

Offline LFC95

• Posting Member
I'm 18 and I have pretty bad gynecomastia. I'm very skinny and athletic. I have a man boob about the size of half a tennis ball in my left side and a normal chest on my right. I've survived with it for 4 and a half years and I have had enough. I'm going on holiday to Spain at the end of the month with close friends and family. I don't know what I'm going to do on the beach to cover up my gynecomastia. I can't go around with  a t-shirt on all the time! Any advice on what I should do? My parents know about it and are supportive but they don't fully understand the mental turmoil it can put you through. They won't pay up for surgery either. I need to take out a loan to get it I reckon. I live in Ireland also so I'll need to go to England to get surgery because you have to be 21 or something over here. Do any of you have any advice on how I could save money? Thanks for reading!

hammer

As far as saving money, I don't know what to say because I don't know your situation as far as what you make, what you need, how much you could put away per week, month ect... But most people these days do waist a lot of there money on things they don't need if you really sit down and me honest with yourself about needs verses wants.

As for going to Spain, the time that I spent there, be it a long time ago, the people of Spain did not seem to be judgmental as far as the things the you are worried about! I know that you would need to be open about it with the people that you are going with, but I don't beleive that you will have a problem with the people there!  I Know I didn't and I would bet that I was bigger breasted then, then you are now! This was in the earlie 80's.

The big question would be is can you handle it? If you stop and think about the fact that those bumps are excess fat, tissues and skin and don't make you the man that you are, then yes, you can do it! You are the man that you are because of what is in your heart and mind not under the skin! When you have the money, go ahead and get the surgery, but until then don't let those bumps stop you from enjoying life!

Good luck!
Bob

Offline Betterdaystocome

Hey, what has helped me most in dealing with my symptoms for almost 10 years (still considering surgery...) is that you will have mentally straining days, and days that seem great, but when those hard days come or in your case a "hard month filled of traveling"  just remeber that you have a MEDICAL problem.  Its not your fault in any way,. Thinking of it as a health problem rather than anything related to weight or other reasons will atleast put your gyno into perspective.  Every ones gyno is troublesum, atleast to them, and yes we all want those chiseld chests we see on the cover of magazines, but its not realistic. If your in good shape and have your family and friends, what else more could you really want. Just remeber it is a medical condition, and an actually very very common one. I would not ask you to accept your gyno as anything else than what it is,  be angry if you want, but take every chance you have to educate others about your problems, especially if they ask. Be a leader for others in your situation.  If all the men like us stop hiding our condition it will be so much better for all of us who live hiding our chests everyday when actually the majority of men, an estimated 70% at some point develope gynecomastia.

hammer

Hey, what has helped me most in dealing with my symptoms for almost 10 years (still considering surgery...) is that you will have mentally straining days, and days that seem great, but when those hard days come or in your case a "hard month filled of traveling"  just remeber that you have a MEDICAL problem.  Its not your fault in any way,. Thinking of it as a health problem rather than anything related to weight or other reasons will atleast put your gyno into perspective.  Every ones gyno is troublesum, atleast to them, and yes we all want those chiseld chests we see on the cover of magazines, but its not realistic. If your in good shape and have your family and friends, what else more could you really want. Just remeber it is a medical condition, and an actually very very common one. I would not ask you to accept your gyno as anything else than what it is,  be angry if you want, but take every chance you have to educate others about your problems, especially if they ask. Be a leader for others in your situation.  If all the men like us stop hiding our condition it will be so much better for all of us who live hiding our chests everyday when actually the majority of men, an estimated 70% at some point develope gynecomastia.

Very well stated! At 55 I have come to accept mine years ago, but I do support anyone who chooses surgery as well. I have to many other health issues to deal with to even give the gyne surgery a first though let alone a second. You have a very good handle on this, congrats!

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024