Author Topic: Is flat bench good for Fatty (not gland) gyno?  (Read 3975 times)

Offline herewegoagain

• Posting Member
I'm still not sure what to do as far as doing flat bench or not.  I do NOT have any gland problem under my nipples.  I just kind of have flabby chest area.  

My chest is just kind of conical in shape.

Will doing flat bench (and dips, and decline bench) help to tighten up my pecs?  

Also important to note is this - whenever I just finish working out my chest and have a good pump, my chest looks awesome - nice and rounded with no cone shape, and no flabby look.

I am also doing a lot of cardio.

Or do you think it will make my chest look more flabby?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 03:08:39 PM by herewegoagain »

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
if you are 100% percent sure of there being no gland (which i doubt if you have a breasted shaped chest) then ANY excercise will be beneficial. There is no such thing as SPOT reduction.
Based on your genetics you will lose and gain weight in different parts of your body at different times.

Offline tn

i have the same problem as herewegoagain. it is definitely not a gland problem and i did lose weight to try and sort it out. despite the fact that i lost weight, the flabby area around my chest got smaller but did not disappear. i couldn't carry on losing weight at that stage because i would have become underweight so i need to find if there is a way to just tone up that area so the flabby area disappears. what exercises will help to tone up my chest? do i need to be doing bench presses?

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
If you are totally sure it is just fat then yes exercises like Bench presses flat,incline ,decline, Dumbell Flys ,Dumbell pullovers, even pressups will shape the chest.

Bench presses esp if using heavy weights will put muscles mass on that area,  so it depends on the look you are going for.If you just want to tone then try high reps low weights.

Offline tn

yes, i was just looking to tone that area and i am sure it's fat. thanks a lot for your advice.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024