Author Topic: 7 weeks post-op question re: swelling and crease  (Read 1563 times)

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Hello and happy holidays,

First off I will say that I realize I'm far from seeing the final result.
I am very pleased with the outcome of my surgery.  Lipo and excision was done and I wore my compression binder for a total of 6 weeks and only removed a few times to wash it.
At 2 weeks post op I took a few pics which I will post below. I was very pleased with results. 
I'm now at 7 weeks and I am definitely puffy on both sides, but more on my left. On my left areola I feel a bump that runs the whole length of the incision. I don't think it would be leftover gland. I'm wondering if massaging this will make a difference or should I just wait it out? I can feel a bump on my right side too but not nearly as noticable.
Both sides are still a tad bit sore which I've read was normal. Also they are numb which I believe means there is swelling.
On both areola the creases are obvious.  I'm wondering if this usually disappears over time or is there anything I can do to make it less noticeable? 
At 6 weeks I was planning on working out again but I've kind of put that on hold worrying that I will slow down the healing process by doing that.  Do you think that will make any difference?
See below for some pics.   thanks very much.

2 weeks post op

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
see below for my 7 week post op pic.  the swelling is obvious when compared to the 2 week photo

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Lastly here are 2 photos which show the bump on my left areola,  also added my right side to compare.  thanks

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
hoping to get a response from the doctors.

Since I first posted this thread, I've noticed what I think is the reason why it looks puffy above my left areola.  When I lay down and put my arm stretched on my right side it feels flat,  but on my left side I feel a hard bump above the areola. I know its not gland,  almost like its the muscle underneath it all.  Will this go away with time?  Should I be massaging this area? I'm about 8 weeks post op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024