Author Topic: Please help from Fresno CA  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Spintix

I have always been a fitness nut and enjoy working out as a hobby and what some would consider to be my obsession. I have been this way for about 7 years and I am 25 years old. Everything was perfect with my body until I decided to take a recommendation to buy a pill product from a website that was said to improve my body composition. The product is called Super DMZ 2.0 made my Iron mag labs and it is also known as Superdrol. It can be found on the website called orbit nutrition.

I trusted this site because I believed anything sold on such a large scale site would be safe since the products aren't illegal. The products even look like you could pick them up at a vitamin store. Little did I know that 2 weeks after stopping the pills I developed itchiness in both nipples which later turned into quarter sized lumps that were very painful and when pressed hard enough they would lactate. Start of symptoms was end of July 2013.
I went on forums and took the advice of taking SERMs from research sites. I took Raloxifene at 60mg a day for 4 months. In this time period the pain of the lumps completely went away and the lactation completely went away. The lump on the right side also shrunk to almost nothing and the left side shrunk to about a dime sized lump.

After the Raloxifene ran out I took a new recommendation that promised shorter results. This was to take a combination of Letrozole and Pramipexole. For the past week I have tapered up to 2.5mg of Letrozole a day and .5 mg of Pramipexole in hopes to get rid of this problem.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I am starting to realize surgery is the only option. Kaiser surgeons refused to do the operation and I have Kaiser insurance. I am going to school in Fresno, CA at Fresno State University and will try to find a plastic surgeon that can give me a really good price since I am limited on money. I am a Biology student with 2 semesters left for my BS. If any of you can recommend me to someone in or around the Fresno area please please help me. I am at the point where I will do anything to get my chest back to normal. Thank you for your time.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Sorry to hear about your experience with Superdrol.  I have operated on several patients who developed gynecomastia from this product, as well as H-drol, which I think was from the same manufacturer.  I thought they were taken off the market.  Unfortunately, if the condition hasn't resolved after six months (and all of your other efforts), it's unlikely to go away completely without surgery.  I don't know anyone in the Fresno area, but perhaps if there are any surgeons from this forum in the region, you might contact their office to see what your options are. 

I would make one comment, particularly where the term "caveat emptor" might have helped prevent this problem in the first place:  Do not choose your surgeon based on price.  You will be better served to save the money to have the surgery done by a qualified gynecomastia surgeon when you're able to do it, rather than jumping to have the most affordable surgeon do it now.  Without seeing that nature of your condition, I can't comment on the complexity of your case.  But no matter how straight forward or how challenging, you don't want to have a worse situation after the surgery than before, as that can be much more challenging--and more costly--to correct.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery