Author Topic: What to do about pubertal gynecomastia  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Just

• Posting Member
I've had it for about 2-3 years now which has really affected my life, I've posted about it a few times on the forum. I'm in a situation where I'm 15 years old, asking parents about taking me to the doctors for gynecomastia isn't a option and neither is surgery because I've done my research and it costs about £3000 in the UK which we cannot afford.

If a client of yours was in this situation what would you advise them to do about it? Everyday I spray New Skin Liquid bandage on my nipples to make them hard to go to school through the day, Which works a little but people can still see I have boobs if they look closely. I need a solution which hides my gynecomastia or something I can do to make it go quicker. I personally believe it won't go because I've had it for so long, It feels like forever. I don't remember the last time I felt comfortable in my body and didn't have to do something in the morning to hide my nipples.

Thanks, any answers are much appreciated anything will help me and could make a massive impact on my life.

Also compression vests aren't really an option, I've bought like 4 and they all make my body stick out more which gives my whole body a fat appearance when I'm not fat at all.

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Hi Just,

Sorry to hear about your struggles with gyne. I know it can be a real hindrance in your daily life. It is recommended that you do at least have an evaluation by a doctor to diagnosis your condition. That is the only way of knowing what exactly you are dealing with. In the meantime, try masking your problem with thicker tops. Something that doesn't allow it to be so noticeable. Also, instead of a compression vest, have you tried a compression shirt? These aren't nearly as thick and should avoid the problem of looking heavier than you are. You will want to find a compression top like athletes use for working out. This next suggestion may sound strange, but you could also try wrapping an ACE bandage around your chest.

Wishing you all the best.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Every male who goes through puberty has some firmness below the nipples and some growth of the glandular component.In the overwhelming majority of individuals this resolves with time. Time means one to two years on average. I would recommend the following 1) stop wasting money on topical treatments which will have no result in the long term. 2)post some photos so a quick visual evaluation can be performed. Photos should include a view at rest from the front , side views right and left and a frontal view with the arms raised.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024