Author Topic: Gyne with discharge.. ?  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Ashir

Hi there,
I'm Ashir, 17 years old and slightly over weight with a muscular and strong built..
I first noticed gyne when I was in 8th grade (13-14 years of age) but I was always a fat kid. However my right nipple was always more puffed up and my right side was more enlarged as compared to the left side. Still I never really did anything about it...
2 days back I noticed some moisture on my right nipple and I performed a quick self examination, I gently squeezed the right nipple and a clear gel like and sticky liquid was discharged, I was freaked out..!
I shared this with my parents and I was taken to a physician the very next day...
I told him the situation. He did an examination (Not a proper one though) he just saw them, and  touched the right one.. He then said that it is normal in teen age and that it is simply the body's natural state, He added that it is because of the fat that there is enlargement and discharge..
I still doubt that, How can a male have mis-sized nipples and chest fat depositions and the bigger one leaks when pressed ?
Should I see another doctor ?
Do you have any idea on how serious or what my situation is?
Immediate replies will be really helpfull...
Thank you !

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to the forum!

First, it is not unusual for there to be asymmetries of the chest -- welcome to the world of being human!

You must remember that the breast, whether in a male or a female, is a milk secreting organ.  Sometimes there can be a slight discharge -- even from a male breast.  All that being said, it might be worthwhile for you to be examined by an endocrinologist to check on your hormones, including prolactin, the hormone which stimulates the breast to grow and secrete milk.  If your hormone levels are normal, then you do not need to worry.  If you are concerned in general about your chest, then would recommend you consult with an experienced gyne surgeon to see what can be done to help you.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Ashir

Thank you Sir,That was very helpfull...
I discussed the hormone imbalance as a possibility with my doctor, he said that I need not worry as if there were any hormonal imbalances the secondary sexual features (Facial hair) would also have been affected...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024