Author Topic: Finally booking a consultation with Dr. Fielding (6 WEEKS POST OP)  (Read 15504 times)

Mikec1294

I first noticed my chest was different when I was 15 but like most I just assumed it would go away. Standing at 5'10" I've been as heavy as 215 LBS and as light as 160 LBS, but my chest was always pointy, and my nipples always puffy.

I have a very mild case in my opinion based off of what I've seen during research but now that I'm financially stable and about to turn 24 I am finally going to do something about this so I can start to enjoy myself and stop worrying every time the possibility of having to take my shirt off arises.

I'm excited :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:35:30 PM by Mikec1294 »

Mikec1294

So excited for my consultation next Monday!

Hopefully I can book a surgery date kind of soon as I've recently found myself unemployed and wont have to deal with the uncomfortableness of going into work.

Offline thisischris

• Posting Member
This has gotta be the only upside to recently being unemployed!  Good luck man.

Mikec1294

Went today! It went well, he was really nice.

Surgery booked for May 7th.

Only thing thats making me nervous is I'm inbetween jobs right now and I don't know what to say about the wed-fri that I would need off when I'm interviewing...

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Congrats on booking your surgery! 
You don't need to tell them you're having gynecomastia surgery, could just say your shoulder or back. That might explain the vest if its noticeable after surgery.  I didn't tell my employer anything at all. I just booked a weeks vacation during the week when I had surgery.  It was the start of winter so I wore sweaters and hoodies for the 2 months after and nobody noticed a thing.

Good luck!

Mikec1294

Update: had my surgery switched to April 30th!

6 DAYS....

Mikec1294

Ah...I'm nervous for Wednesday now...not a lot but I was reading some horror stories but I'm hoping everything goes fine.

The worst part was having to tell somebody but I told one of my best friends who will be picking me up afterwards which is amazing.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Opening up and sharing this journey with someone close to you really helps.  Like a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. I told my family about mine. The months leading up to surgery and recovery were so much easier knowing I had support.

Good luck Wednesday!

Mikec1294

Thanks! I'm really expecting the recovery not to be too bad....I have a fairly mild case and I'm just going to be optimistic!

Mikec1294

So when I get to St. Joes in the morning do I just go to the second floor of the main building? I've never been there before.

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
Ya it says 2nd floor surgical daycare.  Good luck!

Offline thisischris

• Posting Member

Mikec1294

Good luck man.

Thanks it went fine.

Kind of didn't think I would have to take off my pants before surgery and wore embarassing underwear though LOL

I didn't get to talk to the doctor afterwards.

The pain is OK, i got some pain killers and now enjoying some sun chips lol.

Mikec1294

Update:

The pain is way better already but it might be because I took two percosats (SP?) this morning around 7 and went back to bed.

Could this vest be anymore annoying?! what's with the straps lol.

I tried peaking but it's hard to see anything with the padding for now.

So far the hardest part was sleeping on my back, I've been a stomach/side sleeper my entire life.

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
Hey ya that is one thing I heard for sure, if you have to learn to sleep on your back post op that really sucks.  I saw Dr. Fielding today post-op, he didn't really do much except remove some gauze that was soaking up some of the leakage I had.  It was nice to ask questions though.  The punch line was that I did not have a hemotoma, that is bleeding, very good, and that in 3 weeks I should lose the vest and start pushing weights again.

He had that intern with him which was kinda funny, but you got to listen to him teaching, anyway the most interesting thing that I heard was that on some guys he is taking upwards of 1000cc out of each side, ya a liter, wow!  I wonder at what point you would have to start dealing with skin rebounding issues.  I would think getting close to 500cc per side probably.  Dr. Fielding told me that he got 300cc total fat from me, plus the glandular tissue, which probably put me in a just under or right around 200cc per side.  Awesome, and glad to be done with it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024