Author Topic: Puffiness after protruding nipple/inverted nipple reduction  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Jim119

• Posting Member
Hi Docs,

I had surgery around 6 months ago to fix an inverted nipple on my left side and a large protruding nipple on my right.  At the time of surgery I did not have any puffiness behind my nipples.

After about 2-3 weeks of surgery, I had swelling behind the areolas; hard lumps that developed behind my nipples.  The lump on my right side was bigger.

Over times the hard lumps disappeared and softened.  For a while my chest looked pretty good; the inverted nipple wasn't inverted anymore and the protruding nipple didn't stick out so much.  However at this time there was still a slight hardness behind each nipple.

However, as time went on, the hardness completely disappeared, but the area behind the nipple and surround it started puffing up; the tissue behind the nipple is very soft.  When stimulated or cold, the entire areola puffs up significantly, though the surrounding area looks a lot normal (not puffy).

When I push on the nipple it feels very soft, and almost empty.

Basically before I had a protruding nipple and inverted nipple, with no puffiness.  Now I have fixed nipples, but puffiness behind each, making it look a lot worse than before.

My question is, what is this soft tissue behind my nipple?  Is it erectile tissue (my nipples never puffed up that much before when stimulated)?  Did I develop gynecomastia from this surgery?  Is this scar tissue?  What are my options?

The puffiness is very minor, but because I didn't have it before surgery, it is really bothering me.

I am also looking for a surgeon in the midwest; I don't know if I can trust my plastic surgeon after this.

Let me know if you all need anything else (photos, info, etc). Please help!

Thank you,

Jim

Offline Jim119

• Posting Member
Can anyone help me or give me advice?  I know my case is different because the puffiness came after receiving surgery that wasn't for gynecomastia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024