Author Topic: Revision Surgery - Any ideas as to what my surgeon did?  (Read 2795 times)

BrandonPrice31

7 months after my surgery, when I flexed, at the incision line of my areola there was a fold.

My Plastic Surgeon did revision today and he made two small holes on each side of my chest, and I think separated the incision from the pectoral muscle with a metal tool (not exactly sure, but I think he explained it this way). There was no fat grafting.

What did he do and is this the proper procedure?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Most likely he freed up the depressed incision from the underlying tissues.  Hopefully it will not heal smooth and flat -- but only time will tell.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

BrandonPrice31

Sorry I'm confused - hopefully it will "not" heal smooth and flat? Why would that be bad?

Most likely he freed up the depressed incision from the underlying tissues.  Hopefully it will not heal smooth and flat -- but only time will tell.

Dr Jacobs

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, my typo error.  I meant to say that hopefully it WILL heal smooth and flat.

Dr Jacobs

BrandonPrice31

How long do recoveries usually take for minor revisions like this?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Recovery depends on the severity of the problem, how it is treated and how your body responds to it.  It can take months.

Dr Jacobs

BrandonPrice31

Here is what it looks like post revision after he freed what he deemed to be the incision stuck to underlying tissues. I told him that I thought that their was still more fat underneath the areola (lower side of my chest) and that why when I flex the fat is there. The other side doesn't have the issue. I still have a small hematoma in this picture and this picture is of me flexed. If you see in the picture how there seems to be fat on the lower of my chest and it's apparent more when I'm flexing.

I don't get it - did I waste my time with this revision that was supposed to fix it?

I attached a picture after the surgery flexing while bending my back down (fat on lower chest less apparent when standing up - because its stretched out)

What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:36:29 AM by BrandonPrice31 »

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are still recovering from surgery -- give it time to settle down and then evaluate again.  From what you indicated, the revision was aimed at the scars -- not any surrounding excess tissue.

Dr Jacobs

BrandonPrice31

I'm going in tomorrow (1 and half weeks after revision) because my right side is bleeding a small amount through the incision.

I suffered from a small hematoma on both?

The left side is fine, and has reduced significantly in size, but it feels hard - does this mean it's liquified and he can take the blood out or is it clotted still?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024