Author Topic: just help me out friends pleassse  (Read 5379 times)

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
dear frnds m suffering from gynaecomastia since puberty .m 23 m from goa india.i have a good body and i am into professional cricket.friends i try to avoid as in always removing my shirt and work out a lot hiding my stuff.i want to get operated but am tensed about post op recovery as in it shouldn't affect my sport strength and all.i had consulted dr mohan thomas and i asked him regarding my issues.i want a sincere reply from ppl who have undergone this.is it worth it for me.and how much time will i take to recover before i can go on field. am a batsman.i want a realistic view.dr said 3 weeks or so.i am ready to wait for a month or so.am quite fit now but puffy nipples have always troubled me and its a great let down for me and my self confidence.friends should i go for it and also as am a sportsman how much time till i hit the field.and also suggest me anyone(doctor) better if any.planning to undergo keyhole surgery
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Offline Mujassad

• Posting Member
I'm 1 week post-op now but I don't feel ready to do a lot of running yet. I am now able to move my arms freely without having the feeling I'm stretching wounds or causing pain from bruising. You should probably count on 4-6 weeks before doing anything near that intensive. But that's just my opinion.

Offline nasa3

• Silver Member
  • kill this thing and skip rope with its intestines
I am a competitive power lifter had lipo and was back in he gym training heavy within three weeks with no problems..never affected my strength in any way
Bilateral liposuction 5/20/02 FINAL SURGERY 1-13-15 DR NEIL FINE CHICAGO NORTHWESTERN MEMORIAL

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
I'm 1 week post-op now but I don't feel ready to do a lot of running yet. I am now able to move my arms freely without having the feeling I'm stretching wounds or causing pain from bruising. You should probably count on 4-6 weeks before doing anything near that intensive. But that's just my opinion.
Hey thanks for reply bro,.what operation you under went, as in details. N do let me know ur post op recovery bro

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
I am a competitive power lifter had lipo and was back in he gym training heavy within three weeks with no problems..never affected my strength in any way
Was ur gland removed bro, n how's ur recovery

Offline Mujassad

• Posting Member
Hey thanks for reply bro,.what operation you under went, as in details. N do let me know ur post op recovery bro

Hey, you're welcome.

I had most of the both glands removed and liposuction as well. It's now 11-12 days ago that I had the surgery and I have no pain. There is no swelling anymore and my compression vest has actually become a bit too large so I'm going to ask the doc for a smaller one. Everything is going perfect, there was no excessive bleeding, drains went out 2 days after surgery (which hurt a bit), swelling was minimal and has pretty much disappeared since day 6.

I think especially when you're in shape like you are, this kind of surgery probably goes very well. The doc liposuctioned my chest to the muscle, there is not an ounce of fat left in there and I think the bleeding was minimal cause being in shape somehow minimises the impact of the surgery when it comes to veins and what not.

Offline familyman

• Posting Member
Just my two cents.  I had surgery on Jan 31, 2014.  I had excision and a bit of lipo. I had drains in for 11 days, which was pretty standard.  I was told at my 4 week post op I was able to start working out again which I did.  The doc told me at that point, there was nothing I could do that would have any negative impact on the surgery but that the discomfort would be what I could tolerate.  I have continued to work out on a regular basis.  I do notice soreness near my nipples and on the sides of my pecs where he routed the drain tubes to exit in my armpits.  I am in construction so my job is very physical and I am very active outside of work.  I am 6' and weigh 155 lbs, so I consider myself to be pretty fit.  Almost 3 months later and I do not think I would want to take a direct hit to my chest as it would be pretty painful.  Sometimes when my kids bump me or we are horsing around and I get bumped, it still takes my breathe away when I get hit there.  I know we all have different healing rates and a lot of people say the surgery was a breeze but, for me, I realized this surgery was no joke.  I don't mean to discourage you from the surgery as I would do it all over again, but thought I would share my experience. 

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
thankas bro.let me know ur post op progress.n how u feeling must be a gr8 feeling rt??

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
Just my two cents.  I had surgery on Jan 31, 2014.  I had excision and a bit of lipo. I had drains in for 11 days, which was pretty standard.  I was told at my 4 week post op I was able to start working out again which I did.  The doc told me at that point, there was nothing I could do that would have any negative impact on the surgery but that the discomfort would be what I could tolerate.  I have continued to work out on a regular basis.  I do notice soreness near my nipples and on the sides of my pecs where he routed the drain tubes to exit in my armpits.  I am in construction so my job is very physical and I am very active outside of work.  I am 6' and weigh 155 lbs, so I consider myself to be pretty fit.  Almost 3 months later and I do not think I would want to take a direct hit to my chest as it would be pretty painful.  Sometimes when my kids bump me or we are horsing around and I get bumped, it still takes my breathe away when I get hit there.  I know we all have different healing rates and a lot of people say the surgery was a breeze but, for me, I realized this surgery was no joke.  I don't mean to discourage you from the surgery as I would do it all over again, but thought I would share my experience. 
what operation did u have??as in key hole??or through nipple approach as in around the nipple

Offline familyman

• Posting Member
Through the nipple.  Half circle cut on the bottom of the nipple.

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
Through the nipple.  Half circle cut on the bottom of the nipple.
Hey one more thing am a cricketer n have to throw ball n bat ,n my arm movements pretty important for me.my strength will be completely normal ?n how many months till I can put 100% in cricket. June July August Sept off season fr me so if I did sx in end of may would I recover completely by August

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
BTW m going sx with lateral pull through technique under Dr Johan thomas

Offline nasa3

• Silver Member
I do a lot of boxing training with many overhand punches and it never affected any of that

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
I do a lot of boxing training with many overhand punches and it never affected any of that
Bro how much tym.2months recovery

Offline nasa3

• Silver Member
Lot less three weeks and back lifting and hittingbthevpunching bags couple of months before any contact lipo only

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024