Author Topic: My Surgery Pics - Gynecomastia & Lipo on Abs & Flanks - Dr. Delgado, 1/8/15  (Read 4960 times)

Offline Sid Farkus

• Posting Member
    • My Surgery Pics - Gynecomastia & Lipo on Abs & Flanks - Dr. Delgado, 1/8/15
Okay, first I wanted to get some pics up. I may give some more details of my experience later, although others have provided some pretty comprehensive accounts of the actual surgery process (for a very detailed account of a similar procedure check out Bobby-LAgyne's story: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/2/my-story-gynecomastia-correction-surgery-abdominal-flanks-liposuction-dr/. In the meantime I'm certainly willing to answer any questions, especially if you're considering surgery with Dr. Delgado. I'll say more later, but for now let me just say that he absolutely lives up to his excellent reputation.* Yes, he is expensive, but for me it was worth every penny to know I was going with one of the best. Also, Dr. Delgado's staff has been fantastic as well: always highly professional, friendly, attentive and genuinely invested in the well-being of their patients. Every time I've emailed them with a question I've received timely and detailed answers and explanations.

Anyway, below are my before and after pics. The after pics were taken at about 3 weeks post-op. I'm 38 years old. 5'8" and about 158 lb at the time of surgery (the before pics were taken 6 weeks before the operation and I lost maybe 5-7 pounds since then)

In addition to the gyne surgery I had lipo on my abs and flanks.

As you'll see in the ab pics there's still a good deal of swelling (It looks and feels like fat, but the doc assures me it's just swelling).

On the chest my bruising was pretty much gone a week to ten days post-op. The incision marks on the areola are barely visible. The the drain wounds are under my arms and to me now look no worse than little bug bites. So far I've had no pain at all around my breasts nor any of the issues that I've read about elsewhere.

*I know Dr. Delgado owns this site (heck, he's looking at me right now from the sidebar!), so it does feels strange heaping praise on him here. I guess you'll just have to trust me that I'm not a paid shill. :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 07:58:30 AM by Sid Farkus »

Offline Sid Farkus

• Posting Member

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
EXCELLENT results!! Delgado did a great job!  Congrats!  Now I see what you meant when you said your G was not as bad as mine. 

Good luck on your recovery!

---Bobby

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Keep us updated how today's visit went...

Offline Sid Farkus

• Posting Member

Thanks for asking, Bobby.

This was my 5 week follow up appointment. Visit was pretty routine. No surprises.

Delgado was pleased with my progress and gave me the go ahead to start working out next week. Said I don't need to wear my compression vest anymore, although there's no harm in continuing to wear compression shirts. He also gave me some of the silicon sheeting for scar treatment, which I'll use even though my scars are not too bad.

Once again I pressed him on whether I could benefit from massage for the swelling (around my mid-section from the lipo) and he was pretty adamant that I don't need it. As expected, the swelling should go down over the next few months, although it may increase slightly once I start being more active.

I see him again in 6 weeks.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

Thanks for asking, Bobby.

This was my 5 week follow up appointment. Visit was pretty routine. No surprises.

Delgado was pleased with my progress and gave me the go ahead to start working out next week. Said I don't need to wear my compression vest anymore, although there's no harm in continuing to wear compression shirts. He also gave me some of the silicon sheeting for scar treatment, which I'll use even though my scars are not too bad.

Once again I pressed him on whether I could benefit from massage for the swelling (around my mid-section from the lipo) and he was pretty adamant that I don't need it. As expected, the swelling should go down over the next few months, although it may increase slightly once I start being more active.

I see him again in 6 weeks.

Great!

Did he let you resume all types and levels of workout on all muscle groups at once without any restriction?   I saw Dr Dadvand last week and he gave me a protocol to follow.  I'll update my thread in a few days.

---Bobby

Offline Sid Farkus

• Posting Member

Did he let you resume all types and levels of workout on all muscle groups at once without any restriction?   I saw Dr Dadvand last week and he gave me a protocol to follow.  I'll update my thread in a few days.

---Bobby

Wow, it's been a full month since my last post!

So I'm at a full 2 months post-op. I started some light cardio at around 5 weeks. The doc didn't give me detailed instructions like the protocol you got, although I didn't ask him about weight lifting.

I did go skiing over the weekend (something I didn't think I'd be able to pull off this season) and suffered no ill effects, aside from some reduced stamina since it was the most strenuous activity I'd done in 2 months. But no issues at all lifting the skis, pulling my weight with the poles, or any other upper body efforts. I'm thinking of trying an easy weekend backpacking trip this weekend to get back into hiking shape. I have a tentative plan to hike the John Muir Trail this summer, so I need to get out there.

Chest is still looking good. Still feeling a little numb in the flanks, which still look flabbier than I'd like but in time we'll see if that's swelling.

3 weeks ago I went back on the "slow carb" diet that I used to lose about 25 pounds 2 years ago and it seems I've lost much of the weight I put on during my recovery.

Oh, and now that enough time has passed I've finally shed the hoodies at work and will freely waltz around the office in normal fitting shirts! I also cleaned out my closet and hauled a garbage bag of shirts I only wore because they seemed to cover up my gyne and dropped them in a clothing drive bin.

Next appointment with Delgado is in a week. I'll try to post some updated pictures soon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024