Author Topic: Puffy Nipple (not areola) Questions  (Read 2477 times)

Offline FieldsOfOpportunities

• Posting Member
I had my gland and lipo removal done in late October 2014.  As stated in previous posts, I have developed what I hope is scar tissue and not leftover gland on the left side of my chest.  The mound is mainly between the nipple and towards the armpit, with very little under the nipple itself. 

From what I've seen and read in other posts, when people talk about "puffy nipples" it mainly seems to reference the ENTIRE nipple/areola.  In my case the nipple (NOT THE AREOLA) on the same side that has the hard mound of tissue/gland is protruding very badly.  Especially when you compare it to the other which doesn't really stick out at all now due to the surgery.  Imagine your nipple being extremely cold and being double in size that it used to be..that's what mine looks like 24/7.

If I am a candidate for a cortisone injection, would that help decrease the protruding that I'm dealing with now?

Maybe a silly question, but if the answer to the above question is no, could the nipple be "sliced" (OUCH!!!) off so that it doesn't stick out as much?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
A photo of both sides would be useful.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline FieldsOfOpportunities

• Posting Member
I had my gland and lipo removal done in late October 2014.  As stated in previous posts, I have developed what I hope is scar tissue and not leftover gland on the left side of my chest.  The mound is mainly between the nipple and towards the armpit, with very little under the nipple itself. 

From what I've seen and read in other posts, when people talk about "puffy nipples" it mainly seems to reference the ENTIRE nipple/areola.  In my case the nipple (NOT THE AREOLA) on the same side that has the hard mound of tissue/gland is protruding very badly.  Especially when you compare it to the other which doesn't really stick out at all now due to the surgery.  Imagine your nipple being extremely cold and being double in size that it used to be..that's what mine looks like 24/7.

If I am a candidate for a cortisone injection, would that help decrease the protruding that I'm dealing with now?

Maybe a silly question, but if the answer to the above question is no, could the nipple be "sliced" (OUCH!!!) off so that it doesn't stick out as much?

Went in for a steroid injection about 2 weeks ago.  I would say approx 75% of it on the left side (the side that had a bit more scar tissue) has broken down and I don't really notice when looking at it and I can barely feel it when I massage the area.  Considering it continues to work for 6-8 weeks following the injection (at least that what I think he said) I'm guessing in a few weeks the left side will be 90-100% rid of scar tissue.  The ride side, which had very little scar tissue to begin with, is 100% gone from what I can tell.

Regarding the nipple itself, I asked Dr J about this when I was in his office for the injection.  He said this CAN be cut/sliced off and will heal very quickly.  I'm going to schedule something next week and I can honestly say that after that I think I'll be 100% pleased with the results and decision I made to go through with my gynecomastia surgery! 

To read more about my journey with gynecomastia surgery and for future posts, please check out "I finally did it" in the "Post Surgery and Healing After Surgery" section of this website.

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024