Author Topic: Do we know what causes gyne?  (Read 1381 times)

Offline blue743

• Posting Member
Obviously, we know people can develope gyne naturally or it can be self-induced. My question: Has gynecomastia always been an issue for men since the begining of time? I have done some research and have been getting mixed answers (seems to be the only thing you can count on when dealing with the Internet). I have read that it has always been an issue and I have also read it is some what of a recent development (200 years or so). As humans have continued to progress there is not doubt that we have caused problems for our race (cancers and other serious illnesses come to mind). I would love it if a Dr. Can educate myself on this topic. 

Also I think it is very important as a patient to be realistic about your results. Only recently has this surgery been an option and the surgeons who preform them are very good (as long as you choose the correct Dr.). Before surgery patients should be on a strict diet to obtain optimal weight to muscle ratio for the best results. I would say three months prior to surgery for those who have more fat to lose. Again, be realistic about your results... having the surgery in general is an absolute blessing in all honesty. Those looking for perfection are asking to much. Being able to wear a shirt without a logo or not having to wear some type of compression vest is an absolute 180 degree change. Be thankful you were born in an Era where surgery is an option. These doctors do the best the can and everyone's body reacts differently. Do your research and get this surgery done by a gynecomastia professional. 

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline blue743

• Posting Member
Thank you for the reply Dr. Pensler! Great article. I'm interested to know of the 10% in men who had surgery in 2012 (just under 1,000,000) how many were for Gynecomastia? I thought it was important to highlight the fact that the psychological affects from having gynecomastia are very significant since gynecomastia is benign. Having a successful surgery has potential to be LIFE changing. Choose the right surgeon people!!! I cannot stress that enough. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024