Author Topic: Possible Scar Tissue  (Read 1333 times)

Offline familyman

• Posting Member
I had excision/lipo back in January 2014 for puffy nipples.  My Dr took out 25 grams of gland from each side and very minimal lipo.  I was perfectly flat for the first 5-6 months but had tenderness behind both nipples and still do today.  I noticed at about that time, my right nipple started to get a little puffy again.  I was very happy with my ps and my results but my ps is not familiar with cortisone injections for scar tissue.  He is only familiar with scar tissue that attaches the nipple to the peck if not properly massaged which he called tethering.  Typically, will another ps do the injections if they did not do the original surgery?  Does this look/sound like a scar tissue issue?(I know I should know better for asking that but had to)  He assured me he takes as much of the gland out as possible and only leaves enough tissue on the nipple that it does not die. 

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Results look good so far. Not sure why your surgeon won't do the steroid injection unless he just doesn't feel that it is indicated. I don't think you easily find another surgeon who would take over another surgeon's aftercare at this point.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline familyman

• Posting Member
Thank you for the reply Dr. Schuster.  It is not that he said he would not due them but just said he has not done nor had to do them before.  He was willing to look at any info I had for the injections but thought my results were very good.  I am also still very happy with the results.  The only concern was my nipples were totally flat for the first six months or so, almost like they were regular skin, but then began to protrude slightly.  I do not feel any tissue or lumps behind the nipple.  This also happened right around the same time I started to regain feeling.  Does the nipple react different once numbness goes away? 

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I had excision/lipo back in January 2014 for puffy nipples.  My Dr took out 25 grams of gland from each side and very minimal lipo.  I was perfectly flat for the first 5-6 months but had tenderness behind both nipples and still do today.  I noticed at about that time, my right nipple started to get a little puffy again.  I was very happy with my ps and my results but my ps is not familiar with cortisone injections for scar tissue.  He is only familiar with scar tissue that attaches the nipple to the peck if not properly massaged which he called tethering.  Typically, will another ps do the injections if they did not do the original surgery?  Does this look/sound like a scar tissue issue?(I know I should know better for asking that but had to)  He assured me he takes as much of the gland out as possible and only leaves enough tissue on the nipple that it does not die.
I would agree with Dr Shuster essentially steroid injection is very simple and another surgeon would not be interested in injecting you. You might revisit your original surgeon.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline familyman

• Posting Member
Thank you both for your reply.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024