Author Topic: 5 weeks post op scars  (Read 2639 times)

Offline erras

• Posting Member
I had my surgury 5 weeks ago and I am a bit worried about the scars. My doctor says it will look good in time but what do you think? 

they look a little moist because i recently applied my silicon paste.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Much too early to predict how they will heal -- you are at the earliest stage of healing.

Just follow your surgeon's advice and be patient.  The time to decide on the results of the surgery and your scars is 5-6 months from now.  Until then, stop worrying.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline erras

• Posting Member
Thank you for your answer! Okay I will be patient, it is just that I have seen some with pretty good results in just 5 weeks and mine have that weird outstanding colour/look. But ok, time is key.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:48:44 PM by erras »

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
It's a bit early. I suspect there was some scab formation around the incision which has resolved. There typically will be an increase in the pigmentation. The silicone paste really is not helping but it's probably not hurting at this point.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline erras

• Posting Member
Yes there was some scab, most of it resolved about a week ago. How do you recommend I should treat it? My doctor says I should tape it frecently and sometimes use the paste but I can't get the tape to stick with the paste under so I guess I will stop with the paste. I am pretty pleased with the results after all im done with the damn lump under there but I hope it will heal nicely...

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
You've lost a little pigment there but it could take three months for it to return. Hang in there. It's too early to tell.

I had my surgury 5 weeks ago and I am a bit worried about the scars. My doctor says it will look good in time but what do you think?

they look a little moist because i recently applied my silicon paste.

Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline erras

• Posting Member
Now it has been almost a month after I posted the first pictures and I figured why not upload some updated photos if anyone is interested. :)

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It's looking quite good for 5 weeks.  Hang in there and be patient!
Dr Jacobs

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Time heals...If you are using the silicone gel, now is the point at which that may be beneficial. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline erras

• Posting Member
Thank you for the replies! But I think I was pretty lucky with the lighting on the last pictures though, the color of the scars are not that good. And one of them is way more puffy than the other, is there anyway to fix that? It has now been 2 months exactly, is it normal that it still hurts? or is it just because my scars are still pretty bad?

The reason why I am not taking this with my surgeon is because I have pretty much lost his trust, he does not seem to be as experienced as I thought he was. The reason why my scars are so bad is probably because his stitching was very unprofessional, I think I could have done it better myself...

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I repeat my prior advice -- just wait it out.  There is nothing to do at this time, which is when there is very active healing going on.  In time, everything should settle down and you may find, six months after surgery, that the scars are acceptable.  At that time, if you need further advice, you should consult with a gyne expert in your area.

Be patient!!!

Dr Jacobs

Offline erras

• Posting Member
Okay I will try to be patient, but it is hard :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024