Author Topic: Possible hormone issues causing gynecomastia?  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Goldfish42

I'm 18 and i've had gynecomastia for about 4 years and I think it might be a hormone problem.When I was younger I had to take hormone supplements because my brain never woke me up when I had to urinate.Also,I still have an acne problem because my body is already out of wack as an 18 year old. Is it likely my problem is because of a hormone imbalance?Do local doctors administer saliva hormone tests?Thanks for the help.
~Note,i'm sure it's glandular tissue and not excess fat.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The blood tests are the standard.  Not Saliva.  
When it comes to hormone testing, the best thing would be an Endocrinologist, not the family Doctor.  
The Hormones do not work alone, but collectively.  The best comparison is like comparing a solo musician to a full orchestra.   Analysis of the results is a legitimate specialty. If you think you have a hormonal problem, then you need to see an Endocrinologist.   
Prior to puberty, the breasts of males and females are identical.  So, we all have at least the beginnings of glandular tissue.  For our purposes here, there is no such thing as Pseudo Gyne.  Even a professional can not be sure whether the breast has a certain percentage of gland vs fat so we do not distinguish and we call any breast growth on a male Gynecomastia.  
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024