Author Topic: Post op fluid retention question  (Read 1523 times)

Offline tony27

Hello!

I had my operation (excision and lipo) done Tuesday the 29th. My drains were removed Friday the 1st.

I am still wearing my vest, doctor told me to wear it for another week or two. I have a post op not for another 4 weeks.

My question is regarding fluid retention - I was told to come in to the office to have it aspirated if it felt like too much fluid, but I'm not entirely sure what that means. Basically, my question is how do I know whether I need to go in for an aspiration or not?  Should I go anyway just to play it safe later this week? Or can my body just absorb it?

Thank you very much!

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I rarely use drains.When a patient has a fluid collection after surgery sometimes the collection is small and will resorb on its own and sometimes it is best to aspirate the collection. The decision as to what is best is a determination that I make,having said that I would suggest you contact the surgeon and follow their recommendations.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I agree with Dr. Pensler. if it looks or feels like a water bed - you have residual fluid that should probably be aspirated.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024