Author Topic: Is this a gyno, please let me know  (Read 1207 times)

Offline sommer32

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I am 32 years old, could you please let me know if I have Gynecomastia? I can't feel any firm tissue or brest tissue when I press. However I feel like some fluid filled on both chest. Please let me know if it requires surgery or can this be overcome by workout. Also could you please let me know how much does it cost. I have attached some pictures.[/font][/color]

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
If you can't really feel any dense tissue directly behind the nipple area, you might just have pseudo gynecomastia, which is basically breast enlargement due to increased fat. More history and an exam would be helpful. Try increased exercise and lose 10-20 lbs to see if there is any change. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
More information would be helpful. 
Are you overweight? 
Did your breast volume increase suddenly or have they been this way for as long as you can remember? 
If you are overweight, I would first recommend losing weight through proper diet and exercise. If your breast volume decreases to the point of satisfaction, surgery won't be necessary. 
If you can provide more details about your situation, I can respond back with more information. 
Thanks - Dr. C 
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Because gynecomastia is really a diagnosis made on visual appearance, I would say that you do have gynecomastia, but the questions remaining should address management.  As pointed out by Drs. Cruise and Shuster, if this is mostly due to obesity, diet and exercise may help to resolve the problem.  If you have an element of glandular tissue as well, diet alone will not likely resolve the problem completely, though you may be more satisfied with the appearance of your chest at a lower weight.  If non-surgical attempts to improve your appearance are unsuccessful, and indeed, in some cases, dieting just serves to expose "puffy nipples" that won't resolve as fat is lost, then surgery would be indicated to correct the appearance.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024