Author Topic: Does this look normal 3.5 days after surgery  (Read 1533 times)

j45678

3 and a half days ago I had gynecomastia surgery for a puffy nipple or maybe slightly more tissue than just a puffy nipple and the area has really swollen up. I'm not sure if this looks normal at this stage, but if anyone could tell me, I would greatly appreciate it!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 03:51:39 AM by j45678 »

j45678

I feel like this may be too swollen to be normal. My chest is normally very flat besides the nipple area. By the way I only had the surgery on the one side and my surgeon did not have me wear a vest. Do I have a hematoma?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 02:46:18 AM by j45678 »

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It certainly looks like a hematoma to me.  You are very swollen, with discoloration of the skin due to blood within the skin itself.  You need to let your surgeon know what is going on. 
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

j45678

Thank you for your response Dr. Pope. My surgeon dealt with the hematoma and everything is ok now.

Thanks again!

j45678

It has been 2 days since the hematoma was removed and 6 days since the original gynecomastia surgery. I just thought I would put up a few pics and ask if everything seems ok. It is a little swollen and I think I feel a bit of liquid in there but maybe at this stage its ok?? Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I heard from a relative that to reduce swelling, I  could sleep at a more upright angle for the first few days after surgery. Is this true?

Thanks again
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:41:52 AM by j45678 »

j45678

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:41:35 AM by j45678 »

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It certainly looks better.  Sleeping with the operative area above the heart helps to minimize swelling.  In your case the operative area is at the heart level - probably wouldn't make a difference if you sleep flat.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024