Author Topic: Most patients can be treated with just lipo?  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Stevew87

• Bronze Member
I read this from a company i'm thinking of getting an OP from. They seem to suggest lipsuction for most is enough? I assumed the gland is normally always removed?

The severity is determined in terms of the excess volume and excess skin.
If the excess volume is not too great, there is little excess skin and a reasonable proportion of it is fat, liposuction alone can treat the condition (this refers to most patients).
If the individual is very slim and has a discrete bud of glandular tissue, formal excision is necessary. This is best done with a small incision running half way around the border of the nipple areolar complex
Where there is a large excess of skin, and an individual simply wishes to look good in clothes liposuction can help (but may sometimes need a secondary skin excision).

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I would suggest seeing a surgeon as opposed to a company. I have found after thousands of cases that I have performed the best approach for me is to perform both liposuction and direct excision of the glandular tissue. The glandular tissue is not removed with liposuction.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I completely agree with Dr. Pensler. I strongly recommend hat you get a consultation from a surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery. It's not as "easy" as it looks, especially in getting the best results. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024