Author Topic: Massaging post-op + picture  (Read 1161 times)

Offline mieleki

• Posting Member
Hi,
I am currently 7 weeks post-surgery. Last week, I started exercising again (no swelling reoccurred) and I stopped wearing my compression vest for most of the time.

I am 95% satisfied with the results but being a perfectionist, I have one question. Both of my nipples have developed, I what I think seems to be, scar tissue around the incision areas (the typical areas under areolas). I can recognize this by feeling hard small areas randomly spread around the incision scar. My left nipple has only one hard lump and is practically invisible, the nipple stays basically flat and therefore, I don't really care.
However, the right nipple has much more of these "hard lumps" spread mainly in the lower part of the nipple. This makes the nipple puff out a bit and creates a slight fold. I understand that this process takes months and that it will likely sort itself out but I would like to ask you if massaging these "hard" areas will help to break the scar tissue down and make the healing time shorter.
I would like to point out that I have no pains whatsoever when doing regular exercising. However, when I try to massage the nipples around the incision areas, I can feel mild pain.
Thanks for the answer.

http://ibb.co/dDR1na

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I generally recommend massage to all of my patients. But this is something you should discuss with your own surgeon. Scars on the surface can also be helped with silicone tape, Mederma and a number of other topical treatments. Scar tissue beneath the surface can sometimes be helped with steroid injections.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024