Author Topic: Can gynecomastia surgery have any long term side-effects  (Read 1567 times)

Offline iamanxiousaftersurgery

• Posting Member
Hi,
I have had gynecomastia since I was a teenager. I am 24 years now. I am fit but the chest area was still feminine. I visited a reputed plastic surgeon and he confirmed that I had gynecomastia. I had my gynecomastia surgery done 3 days ago (fat removal using VASER lipo and breast gland removal). I am still going through pain.
However, the question which is riddling my mind is did I do the right thing. Although, the thought of a masculine chest is promising, I am very anxious about the future. I am going abroad for my PhD in about 10 weeks.
Basically, what I want to ask is by having the surgery have I potentially exposed myself to any other health disorders in long term future? Are there any long term side-effects of gynecomastia surgery?

Going through other posts, I see that the side-effects listed are serious damages due to surgery such as nerves, blood vessels, muscles and lungs, Cardiac and pulmonary complications, Deep vein thrombosis. How can I verify if surgery resulted in any of these?

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
You will not havee any long term side effect from having your gynecomastia fixed provided you do not have any complications related to the surgery or outcome itself. 
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024