Author Topic: Liposuction- how much is enough  (Read 1334 times)

Offline imtakinemout

• Posting Member
I wonder if the surgeon 's goal is to remove all the fat in the chest? I mean, how does the surgeon decide that "this is enough"?  

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
How did Michaelangelo know when he had removed just enough marble to expose the statue within?  Not being a sculptor, I don't know.  
This kind of surgery is very much art as well. If too much is removed you will wind up with a concave and  very un-natural appearance.  That is why it is important to get a surgeon who is well qualified in cosmetic surgery, not a general surgeon. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
How did Michaelangelo know when he had removed just enough marble to expose the statue within?  Not being a sculptor, I don't know.  
This kind of surgery is very much art as well. If too much is removed you will wind up with a concave and  very un-natural appearance.  That is why it is important to get a surgeon who is well qualified in cosmetic surgery, not a general surgeon.

Well stated.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I agree with Grandpa Dan. This is the art of surgery and why you should take your time in choosing your surgeon. Ask to see before and after phtos of other patients who look like you. Ask questions and get informed. Then go for it. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024