Author Topic: Two failed gyno surgeries  (Read 1865 times)

Offline douglas101

Hi, I have had two failed gyno surgeries. I was told that my problem was easy to fix as there wasn't much fat and it was just gland.
The first operation was just Vaser Lipo suction which didn't remove any of the gland.
That operation was 13 months ago.
I then had my second operation 3 months after which was a touch more Lipo and incisions to remove the gland. This is where the damage was done. It's almost been 12 months now since the last op. Can anyone give me some advice. Thankyou

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It appears that too much tissue may have been removed on both sides with the result that the skin is adherent to the underlying muscle.  There is a deep crater on the left.  Also, the skin has tethered on the left which means it would have to be surgically released in order to be able to re-distribute itself and be smoother.

This all falls into the category of revision surgery.  I have done about 250 revisions of other colleague's work -- and for the most part, have been successful in securing an improvement -- not perfection.  I pride myself in tackling some of the worst, most difficult cases -- cases that other docs would simply write off and say "too bad."

You can read about revision gyne surgery on my website captioned below.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Isolated liposuction (vaser) does not remove glandular tissue. That was the first mistake.The problem appears to have been compounded by over zealous resection at the second surgery. I am having some difficulty seeing clearly the incision that were used at the second surgery. This could possibly be my iPad. In any case as you have no doubt surmised you will need additional correction. I would see a surgeon experienced with gynecomastia. I would have recommended the same prior to each of the previous surgeries also. Typically it is best to wait around six months for revisional surgery so the second surgery's timing was a bit early in all likelihood. 
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree with Drs. Pensler and Jacobs regarding your result and the need for revision.  I would also comment that VASER liposuction causes more scar tissue than regular liposuction (at least in my experience), and between that and the over-resection with the crater on the left, I would second Dr. Jacobs' assessment regarding surgical release as well as use of fat grafting (or possibly fat flaps, though I don't know if that's a possibility) to gain improvement.  
Good luck.
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery