Author Topic: Please, I need some advice!  (Read 851 times)

Offline Petar Igrev

file:///var/folders/mm/29kfvgm54pj73v9gs0plwqt00000gn/T/IMG_0942.JPG
I had a surgery ten days ago on the right breast of gynecomastia, and now, as you can see in the picture, the right breast seems to have swollen . What could be the reason?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It appears that you have a small collection of blood on the swollen side (hematoma). You should speak with your surgeon, who will manage the hematoma for you.  Options may include serial aspiration of the liquifying hematoma versus open evacuation versus observation. In most of my patients who get a small collection, I will observe or serially aspirate the hematoma. Only in situations that are more acute or more severe do I need to open the incision and evacuate the hematoma.  

You should contact your surgeon as soon as possible to let him/her know what's happening.
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There are a number of reasons for swelling after surgery. The most common reason is that surgery itself causes swelling. I do not have a reference point regarding what was done and the amount of swelling to expect at this point in time.As always you should contact your surgeon . You have an unusual incision I would add.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Petar Igrev

Thank you very much for your feedback. I will contact my surgeon as soon as possible. All the best .

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024