Author Topic: Surgeon in Pittsburgh PA/ Ohio?  (Read 992 times)

Offline P1TT

• Posting Member
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Hi, I'm trying to find a surgeon in Pittsburgh Pa. The only one I can find with excellent reviews is Dr Fernau. However, he charges $8-10000. I came across two others that charge $5k and $4500, Premier plastic surgery and Dr Capone. I'm just worried about some of the reviews. Should I take the chance? Is there any others you could recommend in the area. Maybe even certain parts of Ohio?[/font][/color]

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I am not familiar with any of those. You might also consider traveling further if you find the right surgeon that meets your budget. Cost is certainly a factor but be careful not to make it the most important. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Surgery is not something you should cut corners on. You want it done right the first time. Check out different surgeons' results and continue to get consults until you find the right match. 
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm from New Castle, PA. but I've never practiced out there. I've met Dr. Fernau in the past, but I don't know much about his practice and how much gynecomastia surgery he does, but to the best of my knowledge, he's a competent surgeon.  Cost in the $8 to 10K range is on the higher side for western PA, I'd think, but I've never looked into prices out there.  $8K in Boston is typical (I'm a little under that).  As pointed out, however, don't compromise for price, since fixing a bad result can be far more expensive and frustrating than paying for a good result the first time.  You might consider traveling to find someone who does a lot of gynecomastia surgery, if that's a possibility and you're not satisfied with local options. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I am not familiar with any of the names you mentioned. I have a smile on my face now because my medical school roommate is on the faculty at Pitt his name is Pat Kochanek.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024