Author Topic: Yet another scar under nipple question  (Read 811 times)

Offline anotherbaldguy

• Posting Member
Hi there-

I'm 5 weeks into recovery after PAL assisted lipo + gland removal.
First couple of weeks, my chest looked spectacular. But in the last 1-2 weeks I have developed a rather large, semi hard/rubbery mass under my right nipple. I can feel my left side having something similar but it's -significantly- smaller, to the point that I dont care about it.

However regarding my right side, whenever I wake up or if I havent really touched my chest in a long while, I can see it being puffy...much puffier than pre-op (I had mild gyno on that side).

There seem to be multiple ideas thrown around:

a) massage often/dont massage often/massage doesnt help

b) injections (from what I've read, my doctor might be against this...hopefully still an option)

c) ultra sound?

d) wait it out a few weeks.

Is there a definitive route to take here? Can massage do more harm than good? I noticed that when I started massaging at week 3 (which is when I was directed to by my doc) that I felt more lumps on my right side, and hence I massaged that side more. I cant help but wonder if this indirectly caused more scars on that side.

Also, I was told at end of week 4 that I no longer needed the compression vest. Is it a good idea to actually go back to it?

Here's the link to my original thread:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=33272.0

First couple of weeks it looked so great. Really hoping I can get back to it.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Sureons have different post operative cre. There is not any one way to do things. That's the "art" of medicine. What works for one surgeon might not be right for another. I routinely have my patients massage beginning after the third week. If lumpiness is still present at the 3 month visit I might start Kenalog injections every 6-8 weeks until they go away, which can take 1-3 injections.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024