Author Topic: Gyno diagnosis  (Read 908 times)

Offline gorgon

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Hi guys,[/font][/color]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]My nipples started going out of shape almost the same time when I became overweight. But I can't exactly tell if it's gynecomastia or pseudo. I've ignored it for the last few months but it has started to worry me now. The nipples sometimes protrude out when I'm wearing polyester shirts etc.[/font][/color][font="Open Sans", sans-serif][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/font][font="Open Sans", sans-serif][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I understand that I have to look for lumps under the nipples in order to diagnose but I've been doing keto since a month to lose weight and most of my body fat is lumpy. So, I can't really differentiate between fata and tissue. I am a 23 year old, 167 lbs heavy and about 5'7' high. Please shed some light on if it's gyno or not and if it is, how bad is it ? Also, some advice on ways to get rid of it other than surgery[/font][/font]

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
At 23 years old, if you cannot improve the breast contour with a healthy diet and exercise, you have gynecomastia. It is probably true gynecomastia consisting of glandular (rather than fatty) enlargement. Yours is rather mild and you should get a great result from surgery if needed. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree with Dr. Schuster.  You have mild gynecomastia from the appearance of your photos, but this may improve with a dietary and exercise regimen.  If not, surgery would be an option.
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024