Author Topic: Question  (Read 2547 times)

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
I'm trying to lose 10-15lbs, so I decided to work out, play basketball, swim, walk more than usual and eat better than normal.
lets start by saying i walk 25 minutes to school and 25 minutes back from school everyday.
On sunday I walked about 50 minutes to the basketball court, played there for 2 hours. After that I took a bus to the gym, worked out for about an hour and a half. On monday I walked 50 minutes to the basketball court again and played for an hour and a half. Today I walked 40 minutes to the gym, worked out for an hour, swam for 20 minutes, walked 40 minutes back.
I've been eating a bowl of cereal + 1% milk every morning. ate about 500-600 calories for lunch and 300-400 calories for dinner. I don't eat sweets, only fruits, about 2 of them a day.
I guess I know 3 days is too early to say but I'ts been hard 3 days and I though I should look atleast a little better.. But I look and feel the same... If I keep this life style, how long do you think it will take me to reach my goal of losing 10-15lbs (of fat)?
I really apperciate your opinions. thanks!

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Looks like you're on the right track.  Make sure to eat more fruits (5 servings/day) and lots of vegetables.  Also, if you can, try to eat more meals, but smaller portions, so if you eat 3 meals/day, try to split it into 4 (this can be hard depending on your schedule and whatnot).  I've lost 7 pounds in 2 months just by doing cardio (2-3 times/week for 1 - 1.5 hour sessions) and lifting weights.  You may not see the results directly, but you will start to feel better and the scale will eventually show some changes.  Also, if you're lifting weights, you may be gaining weight, but that's muscle weight, not fat, so don't worry too much about that.  I know for me that when I first started my goal was to lose weight, but what I really wanted was to reduce my body fat %, so I may not lost as much weight, but I will lose body fat and gain more muscle.

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
thanks.
one more question, does sleep affects the speed/quantity of losing weight?

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
whats odd is I have never needed much sleep. I often have only five hours a night  regluarly , even though  I am doing a huge amount of exercise I am still not needing much sleep.  
       i have still got stronger and fitter and don't feel tired. I would think not sleeping would make you lose weight as when I working and the job involved being awake for long periods of time I lost weight big time.
     It's not healthy though and if you are eating at night you wil put on weight.Also not getting any sleep at all would make you feel too tired to exercise I would think.
       I think the amount of sleep you as an individual  needs really varies depending on your body.I would not get too hung up about sleep. I f your body wants you to sleep you will. I think what is more important as juice said is getting rest .Youre body needs time to recover too get stronger.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 03:19:25 AM by Worrier »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024