Author Topic: Next week, new me  (Read 1570 times)

Offline LH617

• Posting Member
So I've been lurking on this site for a while.  52yo man, pretty height/weight proportionate (5'10, 182 lbs), exercise regularly, but have had a very fatty chest since puberty, maybe even earlier. I have this recollection of being maybe 6 years old and being very embarrassed when my mom dressed me in a tank top.  This is a problem that eats me up inside every day - going to the beach or a pool is an embarrassment, I've never been comfortable being shirtless, and even when buying clothes, how a shirt or sweater sits on my chest is the #1 factor when deciding to buy it.  I think the straw that broke the camel's back was when I was buying a new suit in a pretty nice department store and the salesman made me go up an entire suit size (from a 40R to a 42R) just so the jacket would fit my chest.  He admiringly said I must be pumping a lot of iron, but I knew the reason.

Anyhow, after 40 years of diet, exercise, and miles and miles of cardio, I have finally given in and am having liposuction w gland excision on my chest (small incision on the line of my aeolas) and liposuction on my flanks next Monday.  I am using Dr. Richard Bartlett in Brookline MA and am very excited.  He seems to be one of the experts in this area.  Of course, none of this is covered by insurance.  Writing that check was both tough(!), but it also felt great - I am finally moving on to be a new me.

I might post before and after pics at some point.  Right now I am just focused on getting through the procedure and recovery period.

Offline LH617

• Posting Member
Had my procedure yesterday.  It all went well, no drains needed and will only have small scar at the bottom of each nipple.  I am fully bandaged/compression garmented, so I have no idea what it al looks like underneath, and I pretty confident I don't want to see anything right now. LOL  Check up on Monday the 11th.

Offline LH617

• Posting Member
I have my follow up appointment with my surgeon tomorrow.  I get the bandages and padding removed, thank god.  I'm pretty anxious about what I will see underneath the bandages, both from a bruising/scarring perspective, but also from an overall change perspective - are things looking OK? will I be disappointed?  I know it is way too early to know what the end result will look like, but I'd imagine most guys feel this when the bandages come off at first.  Question - what did you experience when the bandages first came off?

Offline KalvinP

Congrats- how are you feeling about it all now?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024