Author Topic: Raloxifene Rebound - Whole Chest Area  (Read 613 times)

Offline bobdude88

Background:

6'0, 150lbs
Very Little Body Fat, Moderate Pubertal Gyno

Took some Raloxifene for about 6 weeks in hopes of combatting some pubertal gyno that was over 10 years old. The old gyno was basically dormant - no pain or itching or anything for a decade. Took high dose Raloxifene (120 mg) for two weeks then tapered down for the remaining weeks. Mild side effects included increased BO and possibly light hair shedding. The ralox had minor effects on breast tissue, possibly made things slightly smaller/flatter but nothing really of note.

5 days after my last dose, major chest sensitivity erupted along with hormonal issues (night sweats, anxiety, hot flashes etc.) Not fun! Lymph nodes in chest were swollen, and my entire chest area was very, very sensitive. This intense itchy/sensitivity went down over about two weeks. It transitioned to a more dull interior pain which I know and can feel as glandular growth. It sucks to have awakened the beast after years of sleeping. Seems to be getting worse than where I started.:(

Question for the docs - I've noticed growth or regrowth of glandular tissue at the peripheries of my chest like way out at the side of my pec (tail I guess?), and far into the upper chest area. I have very low body fat, so I can feel these things under the skin - they seem like linear, vein-like growths extending outward with small lumps of tissue stemming off of these linear pathways. These growths are seemingly separate or stemming from the main glandular masses under the nipples. I've watched a few surgeries on youtube etc. and I don't see this kind of anatomy in the extractions, just the main fibrous gland tissue under the areola. Do you ever encounter this kind of growth when you get in there? Like having to remove other little patches of tissue from areas around the peripheries of the chest (not just directly under nipple)? I'm considering surgery but want to wait for the growth/pain/sensitivity to level out before taking action so it doesn't just continue growing. 

Also a warning to those considering Ralox - a rebound is absolutely possible, if not common - I'm suffering it right now and it sucks. Only took it for 6 weeks and at this point I'm in my second month of rebound just praying it slows down and stop progressing, or doesn't get obviously worse than where I started.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024