Author Topic: My story  (Read 2495 times)

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
I am a new member and I am so glad that a site like this exists on the web.  I am 21 years old and I have had gynecomastia since I was 12 years. It all started when I was going through pubery and my life has never been the same ever since.  When I first started developing breasts, I felt confused and very angry since I knew that this was not suppose to happen.

I started to wear baggy shirts and started walking with curved spine so that I could hide the breasts. My family noticed that I didn't walk straight and told me to walk straight although they never figured the reason for which I was walking that way. I also never talk to any girls since it would be embarrassing for me to remove my shirt in front of a girl. I have hard time removing my shirt even in front of my male doctor so I can't even imagine doing this infront of a girl.

I was very depressed at times and was anti-social person. I could not understand why I was the only one with this problem since no one in my family ever had this problem.
I also started having back pains for all the time I walked with curved spine during my teenage years.

Anyway when I was 18, I gathered enough money to have a surgery. I had a surgery and my chest was flat for abut two months but I started developing breasts once again. I went back to the surgeon and he said that this was just a normal swelling and told me come back after 6 months. I went back to him and he told me this was normal. But my breasts were as big as before I had the surgery. I did not know who to be mad at.  Since my chest was flat for a short time after the surgery, I didn't think that this was the doctor's fault. Now I am learning to live with  gynecomastia I hope to save enough money to have a another surgery in a couple of years. This time I will go to a different surgeon I hope that this will not come back again.

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
Go see an endocrynologist.

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
Thank you for the responses. I will see the endocrynologyst and go from there.  I would like to whether anyone else has the reoccurance of gynecomastia after a surgery. I know it is rare for the reoccurance after surgery unless a person gains a lot of weight.  Anyways thank you. I feel much better to know that there are others who have gone through the same thing I go through.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024