Author Topic: Surgery Yesterday  (Read 2627 times)

Offline g35man

I spent the better part of Tuesday afternoon reading posts about men's stories of gynecomastia.  Like most others, I too had put up with this condition since puberty.  

I am a 48 year old male and have always been embarrassed to be seen without my shirt.  My wife has never commented negatively about this condition, but I was always reluctant to take walks along the beach with her, swim with my boys or other adults in our own pool or work outside without a shirt on, even though we live in the tropics (southwest Florida).

Yesterday I had the surgery!!  Already I am so pleased with the results -- even with the compression vest on.  I cannot believe it took me this long to gear up to have this done.  The pain is minimal, the discomfort is completely tolerable (I'm back at work today) and I can't wait to see the final results after a few weeks.

Thanks to everyone who posted; you gave me great final encouragement to go through with the procedure.  As I read your comments about the cruel comments of others during the teenage years, (and even in the adult years) I just kept saying to myself, "Yep ... me, too ...  been there ... I understand."  

The surgery took about 1 1/2 hours under general anesthesia and then I wenet home.  My surgeon (cosmetic surgeon, not a general surgeon) was top notch, compassionate and encouraging.  The surgery center staff was the BEST!  I relate this to my Lasik surgery ... I'd do it 1,000 times over!!

Thanks again ...

Offline bogieman

• Posting Member
congrats- I too am at about a week into the healing process from surgury- really the meds make me feel worse than the surgury, but Im off the pain meds now- pretty amazing huh? Im just afraid now it might come back as Ive dealt with this for 27 fricken years- cant wait for this summer

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
g35man...

Congrats!!!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline User

• Bronze Member
Congratulations.
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024