Author Topic: How do I know if it is fat or gland?  (Read 3421 times)

Offline claywell

I developed my gyne when I was about 14 years old. I put on a lot of weight at that time and my mom was concerned, so she took me to a doctor.He felt it and told me I needed to lose some weight. Fast forward 6 years to today. I am 20 years old. I finally got my weight down to about 240 pounds after weighing nearly 300 pounds. I have been working out for about a year now, but I only started working my chest about 3 weeks ago.I have noticed an improvement. But my question is how do I know if it is fat or gland? When do you get to the point when you say"hey, this working out thing is just not working out"? Basically, to put it in plain English, if my gyne is just fat(which is a possibility because I am fat) how do I know and how long before I should notice results from working out? Are there genetic factors to be considered? Everyone in my family is skinny, except for me. Until recently I basically just sat on my ass and ate junk food.I would like to know if I could benefit from exercise, or if I should just get the surgery. I am not rich, but I could afford the surgery if I saved up for a few months. But yeah, just to summarize, I want to hear from people that have benefitted from exercise, what I can expect and when is the point when you realize that the exercise just is not working.I appreciate any feedback anyone can give me.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
I developed my gyne when I was about 14 years old. I put on a lot of weight at that time and my mom was concerned, so she took me to a doctor.He felt it and told me I needed to lose some weight. Fast forward 6 years to today. I am 20 years old. I finally got my weight down to about 240 pounds after weighing nearly 300 pounds. I have been working out for about a year now, but I only started working my chest about 3 weeks ago.I have noticed an improvement. But my question is how do I know if it is fat or gland? When do you get to the point when you say"hey, this working out thing is just not working out"? Basically, to put it in plain English, if my gyne is just fat(which is a possibility because I am fat) how do I know and how long before I should notice results from working out? Are there genetic factors to be considered? Everyone in my family is skinny, except for me. Until recently I basically just sat on my ass and ate junk food.I would like to know if I could benefit from exercise, or if I should just get the surgery. I am not rich, but I could afford the surgery if I saved up for a few months. But yeah, just to summarize, I want to hear from people that have benefitted from exercise, what I can expect and when is the point when you realize that the exercise just is not working.I appreciate any feedback anyone can give me.

Hi it is hard to tell a PS would know.........Do you have some pics?
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024