Author Topic: Can't believe I waited so long  (Read 3475 times)

Offline ace2110

Hey,

First of all, just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site for aiding me in getting my ass in gear and doing something!!  Especially the guys who have talked through their experiences of undergoing surgery as it helped me to finally take the first step.

I have suffered from gynae since puberty, and as I was fairly overweight, put it down to fat.  My family GP put it down to the weight and actually once laughed when I took my shirt off.  That probably began my shut-off about taking my shirt off in public.  I went from being a keen swimmer of some 6 times a week to not having swum in 13 years.  I am now 28 and since the age of 13 have avoided any kind of situation that put me in that kind of situation.  My relationships suffered, my friendships suffered.

This year, I made a new years resolution to do something about it, and saw a consultant in January.  Big first step and thankfully was the best thing I ever did.  I had my operation 7th March and am now 4 weeks post surgery.  Yesterday was the first time in as long as I can remember that I went swimming, and loved every minute of it.  I am now nearly completely healed and except from a sore right pectoral, am 100% back to normal.  See pics below for before and 12 days post op.  At 4 weeks post op things are even beter than in the pics and will post new ones of the "finished deal".

If anyone would like info on the op itself or anything else, post on this as many of you guys helped me get my ass in gear!!

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Hey,

First of all, just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site for aiding me in getting my ass in gear and doing something!!  Especially the guys who have talked through their experiences of undergoing surgery as it helped me to finally take the first step.

I have suffered from gynae since puberty, and as I was fairly overweight, put it down to fat.  My family GP put it down to the weight and actually once laughed when I took my shirt off.  That probably began my shut-off about taking my shirt off in public.  I went from being a keen swimmer of some 6 times a week to not having swum in 13 years.  I am now 28 and since the age of 13 have avoided any kind of situation that put me in that kind of situation.  My relationships suffered, my friendships suffered.

This year, I made a new years resolution to do something about it, and saw a consultant in January.  Big first step and thankfully was the best thing I ever did.  I had my operation 7th March and am now 4 weeks post surgery.  Yesterday was the first time in as long as I can remember that I went swimming, and loved every minute of it.  I am now nearly completely healed and except from a sore right pectoral, am 100% back to normal.  See pics below for before and 12 days post op.  At 4 weeks post op things are even beter than in the pics and will post new ones of the "finished deal".

If anyone would like info on the op itself or anything else, post on this as many of you guys helped me get my ass in gear!!

Good for u but were are thr pics?...........
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Agreed, pics please.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Pics Dude, pics!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
The request is overwhelming, you have no choice!

Offline Tired

• Bronze Member
Im happy for you! And yeah, pics!

Offline ace2110

Sorry guys!  Really struggling to get pics up.
Please bear with me

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024