Author Topic: my hell..  (Read 7848 times)

Offline nomoregyneplease

• Posting Member
Well im glad i found this site i need some help...ever since i was 12 i had this horrible disease or w/e it is i remember going swimming and all the girls pointing at my chest ...everyday i would cry im crying as i right this right now...im only 15 i cant afford the damn surgery and if i try to talk to my dad about it he just ignores me he is such a skeptic he wont take me to the doctor unless my brains are falling out of my ears...i remember when i used to run and people in there cars would stop and honk at me and make fun of my breasts....now im ready to start losing weight i wanna take charge no more soda no more junk food...i have a question if i run 3 miles everyday and drink 7 to 8 glasses of water a day will it help? cause..i need this im so emotional after all this crap..please...anyone any advice is much apreciated

Gine2D

Keep fighting the Junk Food addiction.  

It is the sugar that you crave. The high starch in the white potatos, bread, cakes, High carb carrots, corn, & other foods that turn into glucose almost as soon as it hits your stomach.

Try to check out "The Sugar Buster diet" book from the library.

Keep walkingand/or running each day.  The more fat you lose the less estrorgen E2 is going to be produced.
This will help your body to balance the hormones.  Asa your T:E ratio improves then your whole out-look on life will improve.  Depression will lift.  

Drink water, not pop, soda or what ever it is called where you live.  It all has at least 1/4 cup of sugar in each 8oz glass.  

Be sure to take a multi-vitamin each morning.

Keep us posted on your progress.  
Lose weight is the 1st goal.

Good luck,

G

« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 05:36:49 AM by Gine2D »

Offline heartbrokenmom

• Posting Member
Can you talk to your Mother.  Maybe your Mother could talk to your dad.  My son told me he  hadGyne, but then told me about this web site and others to explain the heartache associated with it.  I didn't know what it was till I read this board and Dr. Bermant's website.  Maybe if you showed your Dad or Mom pictures and read this board it might lhelp to explain how you feel.  He probably doesn't understand.  Sometimes parents get in denial about their kids not being "perfect" or what society deems "normal"  

Good Luck and hang in there.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 01:39:43 PM by heartbrokenmom »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
nomoregyneplease - look in the exercise / nutriton / training section for some helpful tips from guys who have done it.  I think your progam will help. Don't know if you need 3 miles every day, but wha'll really be beneficial is the water. Soda is like drinking candy.  :)

Offline nomoregyneplease

• Posting Member
thanks guys ill try all this i just really hate it the only highlight is i have a gf that surprisngly dosent even care

Gine2D

Many girls do not care what size you breasts are.  

Some will dislike them & some will love them.  If they want to play with them it is OK, but do not suggest it first, let that be their decision.

Good luck.

G
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 04:36:27 AM by Gine2D »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Many girls/women do not care what size you breasts are.

My Wife did not mind my Gyne... However, now that I've had the Op, she says that it's one of the best things I could have done for myself.

All my G/F's before I got married, didn't seem to mind the Gyne either. I hated it!
>:(
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I'm with you bambu, women never minded my gyne either.  One loved my chest so much she called me "cannon chest"  She said it was my best bodypart. Huh? ???

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the health advice is good, but it's also possible it won't help the gyne.  

women's responses are always going to vary (probably true of everything) depending on the case in question and the women themselves.  some are cool with it, some will make fun, particularly in middle or high school where people's security depends on making others the center of negative attention.  

talk to a doc if it helps you feel better too.  but more importantly, keep your sense of self-worth, and if your family won't help you, just remember you're independent in 3 years.  start saving for an op now if that helps, or alternatively, let your family know you're doing that because that's how much it means to you, and maybe they'll respect it enough to change their attitude.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline nomoregyneplease

• Posting Member
sweet...funny enough i talked to my mom at wendys..(i know i know...) and she said she understood completly..and that i have a doctors appointment tomorow..ya BUT i really think insurance is not gonna cover it im only 15 and its cosmetic or w.e but maybe i have a chance cause me mom is a insurance agent :-/ but is the insurance dosent cover it i cant get it cause 3000 dollars is a lil out of our reach :(

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'm looking back now and thinking you're 15 and have had it since 12 -- older cases might be tough, because of the range you're in it might be worth seeing if an endocrinologist thinks it can be helped at the hormone level, and it's possible that could get covered.  

a few instances have gotten insurance coverage, but definitely the exception.    

Offline nomoregyneplease

• Posting Member
ok..i went to the doctor today...and i explained what i had bla bla bla..and the doctor said take off my shirt..i was scared but she said dont be embarassed so i wasnt i took it off and know i have a endrocoligist(sp?) appointment on monday for blood test...i hope i can get the puffy ness removed...and i am a lil overweight and ive lost a pound or two..so..ya

cheers

Offline User

• Bronze Member
Running is a great way to get in shape, and a lot of fun once you get good at it.  I don't know where I'd be today both mentally and physically without  it.

Bicycling is also worth doing.  I just started and am having fun with it.
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
everyime I try to exercise my gyne hurts so much, but I just cant wear a bra.  ???

Offline AngryPuppy

• Posting Member
My friend,

We all understand that kind of suffering, however, you showed something more than most of us have, that is the nerves to seek for help and a solution. That takes a lot of courage. Not that Iam trying to make patronize you. I am 25 and I still trying to ge the courage to ask for help (aka. money).

Well im glad i found this site i need some help...ever since i was 12 i had this horrible disease or w/e it is i remember going swimming and all the girls pointing at my chest ...everyday i would cry im crying as i right this right now...im only 15 i cant afford the damn surgery and if i try to talk to my dad about it he just ignores me he is such a skeptic he wont take me to the doctor unless my brains are falling out of my ears...i remember when i used to run and people in there cars would stop and honk at me and make fun of my breasts....now im ready to start losing weight i wanna take charge no more soda no more junk food...i have a question if i run 3 miles everyday and drink 7 to 8 glasses of water a day will it help? cause..i need this im so emotional after all this crap..please...anyone any advice is much apreciated

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024