Author Topic: Need advice....  (Read 4065 times)

Offline tuck_01

• Posting Member
Hi. I am 16 and have gynecomastia(puffy nipples). I have had it for quite a while, I am not over weight, and I think I probably will grow out of it. But my problem is gym class.... I start school in about a week and I have gym. I know I will have to change clothes...last year I had gym during the winter months and I wore a t-shirt under the shirt I wore that day, and I just took my other shirt off. But this year I do not know what to do. I came up with a couple of ideas.
1.get to the locker room first and change before anyone else gets there or maby be the last there.
2.I noticed if i pinch my nipples they become normal for a while.. I might try doing this everyday right before I take my shirt off...
3.somehow change shirts without my nipples being shown.
I can not think of anything else to do. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 02:49:22 PM by stuck_01 »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
don't know how severe your case is, but it takes very little to make gym hell.  

option 4 would be talk to a school counselor and ask them to arrange you an exemption.  you could even make up fitness requirements independently if you had to and come up with a plausible excuse, but they need to know the kind of psychological torture gyne leads to and respect it, i think.  
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 08:54:17 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline tuck_01

• Posting Member
i am faced with these situations a lot and have puffy nips as you do.
What I do is make a very casual movement and pinch my nips hard. Then i wait 5 or 10 seconds and my nips are hard and look very normal except for the slight cone shape of them. When I do that no one says a word about them.
Also, don't make it seem like a big deal to you. If anyone does say anything, just act like they are an not a nice person for saying anything and dont make a big deal about them saying anything. Chances are depending on the severity of your case, no one will make a big deal about it if you don't.

Just pinch your nips and everything is fine for 30 seconds or more. ;)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice. I was planing to try that.... I posted pics if you want you could see if I have what you do.

Offline AndySasson

Hi iam also 16 and i also  nipp my self before i changed my t-shirt at gym class and i still do so before i go in the pool but i still feel that people stare at me when i am entering the pool and i feel that people stare at me even though its just the way that i am thinking. But if there is any other way you do this i would really like to know...

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I dont know, just kind of turn your back and do it quickly.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Personally I think the exemption idea and acting like someone isn't nice aren't good ideas.  But definitely you wanna play it cool if someone cracks on you.

The pinch seems reasonable or some other method like applying pressure to your chest sound okay.

Having some pectoral muscles and keeping a good flex help the overall shape of your chest if you're a little pointy.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
This thread has me reflecting on my own high school experience, so I wanted to add that for me the teasing seemed to stop around 9th grade when I joined the football team.

I got in pretty solid shape, had nice shoulders and chest.  Even with my gyne, I looked better than most people, cause they were skinny, short, fat, etc.

Never got teased in the football locker room.  I attribute that partly to having a nice build. Hmm thinking about that...I think I'm gonna start working out again starting now.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 07:11:48 PM by silly_guy »

Offline tuck_01

• Posting Member
or you can just put the gym clothes on before going in the locker room like in the boys bathroom etc.  or wear your gym shirt inside your school shirt or something.  thought this might help ..

I did wear the gym shirt inside my school shirt last year in the winter. I guss I am going to have to do that again.

Offline tuck_01

• Posting Member
Personally I think the exemption idea and acting like someone isn't nice aren't good ideas.  But definitely you wanna play it cool if someone cracks on you.

The pinch seems reasonable or some other method like applying pressure to your chest sound okay.

Having some pectoral muscles and keeping a good flex help the overall shape of your chest if you're a little pointy.

I agree. If someone does mention something I think ill say it was because of medication and it will go away soon.

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member
  • My battle with gynecomastia has begun.

I agree. If someone does mention something I think ill say it was because of medication and it will go away soon.

Forgive me for being forward, but doesn't that simply avoid the issue?  Believe me, I know where you're coming from, but won't lying make it harder for you when it's still the same next year or the year after or five years from now?

Offline tuck_01

• Posting Member

Forgive me for being forward, but doesn't that simply avoid the issue?  Believe me, I know where you're coming from, but won't lying make it harder for you when it's still the same next year or the year after or five years from now?

I see your point..... But I am confident that it will go away because my brother who is the same age as I am has it too.  So I think it is a family thing and it will go away because none of my adult relatives have it now. And im only 16 so it will go away....... right?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024