Author Topic: Flat stomach - advice please!  (Read 5582 times)

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Hi Everyone.

I've having surgery in 3 weeks, and want my stomach to be a little flatter  (so that i'm flat ALL THE WAY DOWN!)

Any tips?

I'm currently doing 300 sit-ups a day, but not sure if i'm doing them properly.
Also, I'm dieting (just eating vegetable soup and fruit).
I am 5 foot 11 inches, and weigh 163 pounds.

Any advice would be really helpful

Thank you  :)
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
john-

i don't know if this is what your looking for but, first  i have a question because i am 22 years of age 5-11 160 even----pretty much like yourself

is your gyne pointy or is it sagging, mine isin't really severe but it is kind of pointy?

anyways, doing situps everyday won't get it done- you should do situps every other days and do a full body workout throughout a week

you can't spot reduce weight loss--  which means situps wont make you lose stomach fat

my man--- cardio,cardio,cardio ----is the way to go,, at least 30 minutes every time-   do a full body workout from one right too another, arms,shoulders,abs,legs ect that will keep your heart rate up and speed up you metab, therefor you will burn quicker and throughout the day---...., i'm not for sure right before surgery you should do a  chest workout .. perhaps somebody a bit more expierenced can awnser that.

water consumption is key as well.  keep drinking it througout the day--  try to limit your carbs, but take in some carbs------ lean meats, and fish is always good. try not to eat anything fried, always baked and broiled. but you shoud eat more then soup and fruit.  the less you eat the more your body will try to store the fat and your metab will burn at a much slower pace.

eat in moderation, try to stay away from white stuff ie. rice, flour, sugar,potatoes- ---all are heavy in bad carbs.  

i hope this helps a bit.

btw- who is doing your surgery?  the best of luck with it brother!! keep us updated

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
john-

is your gyne pointy or is it sagging, mine isin't really severe but it is kind of pointy?

Hi Milk_Caps
Firstly, to answer your question - i suppose my gyne is pointy.  I've got the 'classic' puffy nipples but with quite a bit of subcutaneous fat around the breast.  My problem with it being pinty is that it shows through clothing really easily.  I een said to my surgeon that i don't care if i get really bad scars - i just want to have a flat chest!

Anyways, all this advice you've supplied is wonderful, so thank you.... But I don't understand much of it!  What's cardio?  And how do i do a full body workout?
I think maybe I would understand all this if i never had gyne (ie: i'd never have been scared to go to the gym, etc)

Anyways, if you could try to explain it to me like i'm a complete dumbass, that would be cool
Thanks buddy

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
no problem-

cardio workout-  is a workout that keeps your heart rate up-  fast pace walking, jogging,running, jumping rope- ect.. stuff that really makes your breathing harder, and makes you sweat.

other  good workouts for this other then running and jogging is,  is bike riding either outdoor or a stationary
(indoor exersise bike)--  running up a flight of stairs.

- take for example, you said you are doing 300 situps a day,  that is all well and good,  but it wont burn the fat in your stomach, it will make your stomach muscles stronger --
the only way to burn fat is to eat properly, drink plenty of water and cardio.

see- a total body workout is where you work out your whole body with weight training arms,shoulders,back,chest,legs----- a workout where you go from one workout to another with minimal rest in between.
 you can go from working your biceps 3 sets of 8-12 lifts , wait 1 minute, then do your triceps 3 sets 8-12 lifts wait another minute, then workout your shoulders, your back, and legs ect........   by doing these you will notice your breathing harder, your sweating, and your heart rate will be up.

you can surf the net for, different exercises for cardio and with weights- and if you don't want to be bulky go with a lighter weight when lifting, that would be more of toning and shaping your muscles. as opposed to getting really big muscles with the heavier weights.  find out what best works for you and what your comfortable with.

but the 3 keys is this-  eat properly at least 5 small meals a day- breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and not just soup and fruit,  try to mix in a salad for lunch with a low fat dressing

drink plenty of water ( that is really major)

and cardio-- you need to sweat, and keep that heart rate up if you want to lose that stomach fat.
and the best way----- is too do at least 20 to 30 minutes a day of cardio 5 times a week

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
anyways, doing situps everyday won't get it done

exactly.  the only way is to cut body fat %....and the only way to do that is to burn more calories than you consume.  and take note that for each pound of muscle you add, the more calories your body requires.  so if you eat the same amount, and put on more muscle, and burn the same calories - you'll still lose fat.  milkcaps is also right on the money when he says WATER WATER WATER!! Buy a water bottle, carry it with you ALL DAY LONG!! Try to drink well over a gallon a day not counting what you drink with meals.  You never want to see any yellow in your pi$$...that's hwen you know you're staying VERY hydrated!!

Just re-read what he wrote, he hit it on the money.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
doesn't drinking loads of water bloat you out and make you look fat?
I mean, i'm not saying water is bad for you.  I'd probably say it's quite good for you actually, maybe even as healthy as Pepsi.

Actually, what i meant to write in my first post was that i'm happy with the amount of fat on my body everywhere else, it's just that i have a bit of a fat stomach and it looks a bit out of proportion to everything else.  Do you know what i mean?

Anyway.  Sorry.  You're talking to a complete no-brainer here health-wise

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
trust us-   water is the way to go-  if your trying to lose wait stay away from soda, coffee, and alcohol

water just does so much, you have no idea-  if you want something with some flavor have a gatorade.

but just keep drinking the water.  you can go on any health site and they will tell you that.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Sound advice there milk caps. I'm drinking about 4-5 pints of water a day at the moment, I can't do any cardio at the mo as I'm 10 days post op but as soon as I'm given the all clear I'll be following your advice to the letter.

Now that gyne has been dealt with it's time to deal with the rest.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
milk_caps knows his stuff.  :)

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
bro, vegetable soup and fruit isn't a healthy diet. First of all, the sodium content in the soup will keep you bloated. This is exactly what you don't want if you are looking for a lean look.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Isn't sodium the same as salt?

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
BOX! even if you dont want to fight, get a boxing trainer, the workouts are phenominal! also, wear a sweater while you are in boxing training to lose weight, very effective, i have been boxing for years and it is the best way to improve stamina, muscle mass, and it helps burn alot of fat!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024