Author Topic: water the best..  (Read 5251 times)

Offline nomoregyneplease

• Posting Member
i still have my gyne....for now but i have lost over 20 pounds just by drinking 7-8 glasses of water everyday BUT my doctor said not to drink to much cause you could overhydrate yourself so becarefull

Offline blimey

• I+U+
how does drinking all this water effect weight loss?
:)

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Water can act as an appetite supressent, killing off what is known as "false hunger" or "thirst disguised as hunger"
Also water can help make the whole digestion process more effective, and run smoother reducing the amount of excess fat that is stored. And keeping hydrated keeps you more active, burning off more calories.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 01:28:10 PM by serg »

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
drinking water also increases your metabolism....if your body isn't hydrated it thinks you're starving so your body burns muscle instead of fat

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
nomoregyneplease - your dr probably has a point there, but I hardly think you're in any danger of overhydrating yourself from 7-8 glasses of water each day. Keep up the good work.  :)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 04:28:18 PM by jc71 »

Offline TheSlacker

• Posting Member
over hydration is rare but it is usually when your kidneys are weak and you drink many gallons of water

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You can die from drinking too much water!  :o :o :o

John....
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline The_Slacker

your blood gets too diluted in water. if you drink a lot of water make sure you get high levels of vitamins and minerals

Offline bassplayer

• Silver Member
7-8 glasses is to much becuz think of everything else it has water in it too keep that in mind

Offline ensiferum

• Posting Member
Everyone failed to take account the most important factor here. The size of the glass.

Regardless, I think the healthies way to loose fat is by increasing exercise gradually (along with cleaning the diet of course if that is a problem).
Surgery on 11th of May. *gulp*

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
also need to take into factor how much you sweat

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
appettite supplement and metabolism booster  8), but you wont lose weight in a healthy manner by ONLY drinking water and watching tv... keep active, eat healtyh and drink water wenever your feelign greedy and dont really need food to fill you up, if ur actually hungry...then eat.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024