Author Topic: Can't handle this... any tips?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline VT

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I'm new, might as well introduce myself.

I'm a 16 year old with gyne, though I'm quite underweight for my age (about 100 pounds) so it's not due to obesity or anything. I'm pretty insecure about my appearence to begin with, so my moderate case of gyne (5/6 I'd guess) obviously doesn't help. Being muscular but also bulking up a bit is really important to me-I've got pretty decent abs, but I don't know why I bother working out, wouldn't take my shirt off in front of other people unless I (for some reason) absolutely had to.

I've had this since about April of 2005, and it's ruined multiple beach vacations ( ;D) and basically my life in general. I went to see my GP back in april and he basically brushed me off, just told me there was nothing he could do and I'd probably suffer at a slightly lesser extent for the rest of my life. My next appointment is in December, I keep trying to convince myself maybe he'll take it more seriously next time but I doubt it.

I basically feel like **** about myself every single day but I guess I'm not in much of a spot to complain considering some people on here have had it for 10-20 years. How do you guys manage it? I just keep praying that it will go away on it's own and I'll actually look normal and be able to swim and take my shirt off without feeling like ****, but I just know that isn't gunna happen. So how do you guys manage to deal with it for so long? I feel like it's constantly on my mind... I know I'm making it into a bigger deal than it really is, but I can't just ignore it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 07:50:48 PM by VT »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
and I'd probably suffer at a slightly lesser extent for the rest of my life.

happily, thanks to the miracle of choice in the world, YOU are the one who ultimately decides this, not him.  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 08:23:51 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If my Doctor brushed me off in such a way, I'd find another Doctor. Which is what I would recommend you to do.

Grandpa Dan

Offline VT

• Posting Member
have you spoke to your parents about this issue?  maybe you should, most of the time being able to share your feelings with others will release alot of the tension and stress.  tell them how much it bothers you and also let it be known to your gp as well, then maybe he will take you more seriously.  good luck ....

I've spoken about it to my mom a while back (only to tell her why I wanted an appointment with the doc, she acted like i was overreacting a bit). My dad has gyne as well though I don't think he's ever actually heard it of, or if he has he just doesn't care.

happily, thanks to the miracle of choice in the world, YOU are the one who ultimately decides this, not him.

Is surgery always effective though? And to what extent? I was under the impression that it just alleviated the situation a bit, but it not to an extent that you have a "normal" chest...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 08:39:26 PM by VT »

Offline headheldhigh01

nothing in medicine is always effective, but the success rates are high.  especially in severe cases, if the hormone's aren't still screwy, it would take a long time to come back and normally does not.  

a lot also depends on the skill of the surgeon, and guys come out normal all the time.  

Offline VT

• Posting Member
Aren't I too young for surgery though? Not like I have the money or anything, obviously...

Offline headheldhigh01

now that you mention that, probably, but it depends mainly on whether your hormones have restabilized, and the age will vary case by case.  i meant mostly that you don't have to accept it for the rest of your life like the doc was suggesting.    

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024