Author Topic: hard to enjoy life  (Read 2962 times)

Offline 17yrold

I'm 17 and have found that gyne has really robbed me of enjoying my teen life.
I developed gyne... what seems like 2 or 3 years ago and it seems like it doesn't plan on leaving. I havent talked to the doctor, or anyone about this.
I, as well as most on here i'm sure, are self conscious and ashamed.
I live in an area with a lot of lakes, and considering much of the social scene revolves around lakes and pools (especially during the summer), i feel like i'm missing out on so much. I contantly have to hide it; wearing baggy clothes, darker clothes, making up excuses not to swim/take one's shirt off. I once had a prideful shirt on and showed a kid and pointed and he didn't comment on the shirt but on my boobs. For once I just want to be able to take my shirt off in front of others, especially a girl. For once i just want to live a normal teen life and be able to go to the beach, or a pool. For once, I'd like to be able to wear the clothing I like... rather than the clothing that hides the gyne. The only good thing about gyne is that it shows you who your real friends are... the only ones that don't say you have "man boobs"

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it sucks.  but at least you're close to a point you could do something about it in a day when you can find out about it on the net and not hide it for half your life.  so don't let it get to you worse than it has to, and remember it could have played out worse than it will now that you can take control.  welcome to the boards.  
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 09:46:32 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Porcupine_tree

• Posting Member
Hey man, I understand how you feel, we are all in this together. I developed puffy nipples at 11, I am 18 now. I know how it is to not be able to partake in activities with friends and how painful and degrading it is to make up stories. I know how bad it feels to be called names. For 7 years gyno has prevented me from enjoying myself and it's really taking it's tole.

Since you have had it for only 3 years, some people say it might go away, but I would go see a doctor. Chances are it is permanent, like mine is(or at least appears to be).

Anyways, I wish you good luck and I just want to tell you that this forum is a good place to vent, everyone can relate to your stories.

Don't lose faith and keep in touch.

Cheers.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024