Author Topic: What does expect "realist results" mean?  (Read 3825 times)

Offline CoDog

Gyne.org patrons,
                I have browsed these forums for a couple months looking for people's surgical results. I am 22 and have had gyne for about a year, no need to elaborate, these f***ing lumps piss me off and sadden me. I thought alot about surgery and many of these testimonials gave me hope that one day my chest would return to normal. But, the one thing that always seems to pop up in a recommendation for surgery, and bum me out, is to expect realistic results. What does this mean? If you have had surgery and considered it a success please answer the fallowing questions and give us people who are looking forward to a cure for our ailment a realistic outlook.

How big were your glands?
How much did the surgeon remove?
How does the effected area feel, self-examining, post surgery apposed to prior surgery?
Does it feel like skin then muscle where the gland was or is there unnatural flesh present?
Would you say that your chest looks normal after the surgery?
How well did the surgery fix the contour of your chest? Does your shirt hang high on your chest muscles or does it still poke out around the lower pectoral?
If your chest was a 10 before you got gyne what would you rate it after surgery?
Rate the success of your surgery: 1-10?
Who was your doctor and how much did it cost.

To any and all who take the time to answer this,
                                                                          thank you
                                                                                                 -clj

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
probably works best if people just reply to you on one board like the main one where you got a response or two already, that way the discussions not scattered and uncoordinated. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
means there is a catch with the surgery, but wont compromise the freedom that awaits post op

Offline subuwrx

• Bronze Member
Hmm. How about you just check out before and after pictures and decide if you would be satisfied with the results. Thats the only way for you realistically to determine it.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you have had surgery and considered it a success please answer the fallowing questions and give us people who are looking forward to a cure for our ailment a realistic outlook.

How big were your glands?

Don't know how big the 'glands' were but my m(o)(o)bs were big enough to fill a 'D' cup.

How much did the surgeon remove?

RHS: 26g  LHS:23g

How does the effected area feel, self-examining, post surgery apposed to prior surgery?

Gyneless!

Does it feel like skin then muscle where the gland was or is there unnatural flesh present?

Feels very natural

Would you say that your chest looks normal after the surgery?

Yes

How well did the surgery fix the contour of your chest? Does your shirt hang high on your chest muscles or does it still poke out around the lower pectoral?

Contour is excellent. Shirt hangs high on my pecs now instead of being pushed out by the Gyne lower on the chest.

If your chest was a 10 before you got gyne what would you rate it after surgery?

Rate the success of your surgery: 1-10?

Who was your doctor and how much did it cost.

Dr. John Craig Fielding - Toronto, Ontario Canada
Excision and Lipo.... my cost: $1280.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My guess is that it means, don't expect your chest to look like Superman's without any work!

Agreed.

You should be aiming for an 'Improvement', not 'Perfection', to make your life a little more manageable. 'Hoping' for perfection is one thing, but to 'Expect' it, that's another. Plastic Surgeons are not Wizards/Magicians. They are only human and can only do 'so' much.  ;)

Keep in mind, GRS is just a 'Fix', not a 'Cure'!

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024