Author Topic: can't live with em  (Read 5366 times)

Offline pureluck

• Posting Member
Alright, my turn to vent. I've been reading your stories here for about a year and they've really helped me through many a lonely and miserable night. Gynecomastia has really messed up my life...and on so many levels. I'm 23 now and I would say that the problem first popped up in about fifth or sixth grade. Like so many of you I assumed since I was a little overweight, once I lost the weight the boobs would shrink to a normal size. But after losing about fifty pounds (I was 210, now 160 and 5'10'') the man boobs remain. I wouldn't say I have as bad a case as some of you guys but it's still pretty bad, especially when my nipples are "warmed up.'' If the areoli would just stay constricted like they are when I first wake up I think I could live with them, but as soon as I get out of the shower the puffy girl nips come back just like they have every day for the past decade.

It really bothers me to think about how much gynecomastia has affected my personality. I used to think of myself as somewhat of a social person but the gyne has slowly eaten away at my self esteem. I didn't do sh*t in college and now I feel like I've lost the very best years of my life. All because I was too much of a bitch to open up my mouth and say what was really bothering me to my parents. Well no more. I'm graduating (supposedly) in a month and I want to tell my parents now so that when I do graduate I can go to the doctor, get referred to a PS and get on with my life that I've been missing. I don't even care about the money. What's one more loan on top of the many I already have out? I just can live with it anymore. I'm on a mild dose of antidepressants because I'm so sad all the time, but now I'm thinking (no, I know) that most or all of my mental problems have come from having gynecomastia. People may think it's no big deal, (like my parents most assurably will when I finally come clean), but it is a big f**kin deal! I can't get a girlfriend because I'm so insecure, my family and friends must by now think I'm gay, and I can't even go swimming!  Damn gynecomastia sucks!!! Expect more posts to come as I've finally decided to start my quest to get this fixed. Any words to help bust my ass into telling my parents what's wrong with me are greatly appreciated. I've been meaning to do it for months.

Offline pureluck

• Posting Member
ps: what's up with the censorship on this forum? I can't say bee with an itch or the other word for donkey?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
we can all relate.  good vent job.  it's a therapeutic site.  I sent you a PM.  Welcome to the boards.

Gine2D

Hard facts of gyne.

Gynecomastic breasts do not have a brain, they do not think, they do not make anyone do anything, they do not cause behavior problems.  

Your brain & the conditioning from society is causing your personality & behavior problems

Millions of men have large breasts & their breasts do not make them outscasts.  I have had them since puberty, now 42C.  I dated in HS, played football, showered with the team, went to college, dated anyone I wanted, got married, had children, got the job I wanted.

It is all in the attitude.  Surgery will not make you an instant stud & the most popular guy in town.  All your problems will not go away.  If the underlying cause of the Gyne is not corrected they will probably grow back.

Good luck

G

Offline Spleen

Gine2D is right.  I'm a 36 year old guy with a wife, kids and a happy life.  Oh, I also have pretty funny looking nipples.  I'm gonna get them fixed this year, but I sure as heck didn't let them get in the way for the last 20 years.  In the war between my mind and my chest it's no-contest.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
no he's not.  everybody's different.  yes, attitude goes a long way, but it's not the whole distance.  there is no disputing gyne, especially when you have no idea what it is, can seriously mess a man's life up.  

good attitude may work for some, i'm all for it, -- but it doesn't change the fact that, particularly with peer abuse, some people don't "just" talk to their parents or whatever, and their lives take very different turns.  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 12:23:12 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Spleen

That's cool HHH, but these folks also need to take some responsibility for their own suffering.  It's all about keeping some balance and perspective in your life.  

Offline zlu4000

• Posting Member
pureluck  is right - this gyno effect all the lie - attuide--  behivouir .. acts and everything,,,becase whe u mental real is gone - so except that everything will messed up

Offline Glad2findU

• Bronze Member
Thanks for sharing your experience Gine2D but I must side with HHH that everyone is different. You were able to iether enjoy, accept or fight back everytime taking your top off got others attention but we all have different personalities. I believe that most people come here for support from people who understand that what many consider to be a minor problem really isn't because of it's psychological effects. Many people with G are aware that it isn't directly life threatening and that is the reason they find it difficult to speak to their doctors and family members about it. When they finally have the courage to speak about it, the response is often less than supportive especially if laughter and condescension results. This is the reality of it so I appeal to everyone to be more supportive.   

Offline TigerPaws

pureluck,

While I do understand you need to remember that gynecomastia will not kill you, it is not a terminal disease. While you may have self esteem issues those can be solved by you without drugs or surgery.

Correct your personal issues and your perceived problem with how you look at yourself in the mirror, will come into perspective.

No one can ever make you feel bad about yourself unless you allow them to.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It should be noted that Pureluck had surgery in August of 2005. Like many young men he had some ups and downs while awaiting the final outcome of his surgery. He got the result he wanted in only a couple of months though and his last post was in October, 2005.

It is great that we have these old threads on file for reference but that is where they belong.

I personally think that it is better to start a new thread than to resurrect an old one.
Grandpa Dan

Offline TigerPaws

It should be noted that Pureluck had surgery in August of 2005. Like many young men he had some ups and downs while awaiting the final outcome of his surgery. He got the result he wanted in only a couple of months though and his last post was in October, 2005.

It is great that we have these old threads on file for reference but that is where they belong.

I personally think that it is better to start a new thread than to resurrect an old one.
Hum.... I should have noticed the date on this thread. I will be more careful in the future.

I agree Paa Paw

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024