Author Topic: Any Suggestions?  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Swim

• Posting Member
Okay, so for background, I'm a 19 year old male, 5'9 150lbs.  I've been fit for most of my life, swim team from 7 years old to 18, tennis, cross country.  But ever since I was around 14-15 from what i can remember i began to notice extra fat in my chest, which i thought was unusual because i've been fit forever!!  I had to deal with it through 4 years of swim team which was hard to hide.  I would think it is minor to moderate, you can definatly tell its there through a T-shirt, and I still have puffy nipples that feel empty with they're puffed.  there is no pain and probably some fat.  I've tried everything from working out, running, basically everything.  I've asked my doctor about this several times and indeed it was gynecomastia.  He kept telling me to wait until i turned 20 (about 7 months away) and it 'should' go away, which i find hard to believe cause it hasnt changed in the last 4 years!!  This last time i asked him about it he gave me a number to a endocrinologist in which i have an appointment this friday!  I really want surgery though to just get rid of this crap and look normal!!  

Questions:

What should I do??

Will the endocrinologist be any help??

Offline Swim

• Posting Member

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
Go to your endocrinologist and get tested.  When you get your results make sure you ask if the gynecomastia will come back after surgery.  If everything looks OK, then see an experienced plastic surgeon and get the surgery!

Good luck.

Offline Swim

• Posting Member
Any search engine type thing to search for surgeons on my area? I'm from Oregon!

also what type do you think i have? i think i have some gland and some fat.  And what are the non surgical ways it can be fixed and are they effective?

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
Spend some time reading this board. All the non-surgical methods seem to be ineffective.

Offline oregon

• Posting Member
I am from Oregon also.  I have a milder gynecomastia case than yours.  Just about quarter size glandular material palpable underneath the nipples and some surrounding fat, but by staying extremely lean like body fat below 10% and if my nipples are contracted because of the cold or something I can only be noticed a little.  Annoying and I am going to go to the endocrinologist and look for a surgeon as well.  I work at a big hospital in Portland so I can ask around here.  What was the name of your endocrinologist?

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024