Author Topic: Losing weight  (Read 3998 times)

Offline lame_ass

I am suffering from gynocomastia since I became a teenager. I have always been overweight. I am nineteen years old right now. I hate to go swimming.

I am very pleased to read this website devoted to gynecomastia. Last month I went to doctor with my problem. She said that my breast will dissapear when I will lose a lot of weight. I am over 110 kilos.

So I am on a weight loss plan at the moment. I hope I will have great support and a good time at this forum.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Last month I went to doctor with my problem. She said that my breast will dissapear when I will lose a lot of weight. I am over 110 kilos.

Gynecomastia is usually comprised of two things. Gland and Fat. Or, one or the other. If you have both or just Gland, no amount of exercise will lessen the Gland ( I know this from experience ). If you have fat on your chest, for sure, exercise will lessen or eliminate that, but not the gland. An experienced PS would be able to differentiate between the two.

Get a second opinion Dude!

John.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 11:26:31 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
Even if it's gland, it's still a good idea to get down to a healthy weight before getting the gyne removed.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Even if it's gland, it's still a good idea to get down to a healthy weight before getting the gyne removed.

For sure! If you are overweight, you can't go wrong with getting within the recommended weight range for your height. You will be healthier for surgery also. ;)

John.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
lame_ass - Great name. There's another guy on these boards who doesn't post much named "lard_ass"  ;D

Loose the weight, but I doubt it'll disappear.
Good luck to you.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 01:52:17 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024