Author Topic: 3 week follow up  (Read 2409 times)

Offline andersonATL

• Posting Member
I was suppose to visit the doctor the following week of surgery.  But I had a ton at work and couldn't schedule it in.  I felt fine and looked fine so I thought no big deal.  My doctor went on vacation my 2nd week after surgery.  Now I'm on my 3rd week and when I scheduled it the office lady seemed shocked I hadn't been in to get my stitches out.  Should I be concerened?  Also the bandages over my lipo holes are still glued well intact.  Is this an issue?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:26:49 PM by becky »

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Hmmm, I'm surprised your surgeon didn't use dissolving stitches.  Maybe he did?  Mine did, but the nurse took them out when I went in for my 1 week follow up.  Turns out, she probably should have left them in.  The incision hole on the left side ended up popping open about 9 days later!  If you are still numb from the surgery at the stitch site, it shouldn't hurt at all when they take them out.  I hate that part  :o.  I don't think I'd worry too much about the length of time between check ups.  My 1 month check up actually isn't happening until week 5, so I don't think these are rules set in stone or anything.  As long as you feel good, and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, you should be right as rain!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline andersonATL

• Posting Member
Thanks for the positive support!   I think my my PS did use disolving stitches bc he never mentioned getting them taken out.  The lady who answers the phones told me twice "I can't believe he didn't contact you about getting them out, its definetly not normal to wait 2 weeks.".  It's almost been 3 weeks so the lady has gotten me worried.  I go in tomorrow so hopefully all is good.
I do feel a slight Sharp pain though behind one nip.  Which is weird bc I have been feeling great the first couple weeks.  I might have over done it holding my kid and doing yard work over the weekend

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I know the pain behind the nipple that you are talking about, I've had it many times myself.  I think its pretty normal though considering the gland removed is directly attached to the nipple.  It doesn't help though when we do stuff we aren't supposed to either though  :D.  I just came home from my 4 week post op visit, and he says everything is coming along exactly as it is supposed to be.  Even told me I no longer have to wear my vest!!

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Did you choose a surgeon in the ATL area?

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
My surgeon was Dr.Lista in Mississauga (Ontario).  He's really good, but no where close to you in ATL.  I'm not sure who would be a good doc in that area......I'd ask around some more to see if anyone else has had surgery from a PS there.  Good luck man!

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Appreciate the reply.. I was asking andersonATL since his name had ATL in it.. I'm planning on using doctor jeffords from there

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Oops!  My bad zado  ;)

Offline andersonATL

• Posting Member
@ shakenbake.  Turns out he used dissolving stiches since he was leaving for vacation after my surgery.  

@zado. Ya I used jeffords.  I did minimal research around the atlana area and settled on him. I set up the appointment and was very pleased with the consultation.  Then I started getting nervous and focusing on a negative review I found on this site and video on YouTube that in my opinion the dudes results weren't that great. (Granted I never saw before photos either).

I spoke with him about my fears and really just told him I did not want a flat chest. He responded to my email within an hour.   His email was reassuring, and I booked the surgery two weeks out after I read it.

I was nervous the first time I took off my shirt post op.  I knew right away that with some healing time my chest was going to be awsome.  I'll be 4 weeks tm and I am very satisfied with my results.  He gave me back so much confidence! I'm really looking forward to this summer. I would recommend him.  He did 2 gyno surgeries the day before mine, so he he does this surgery regulary.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:33:28 PM by becky »

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
That's good.  Sounds like there shouldn't be any issues with the stitches being in so long then.  I wonder why the nurse you spoke to was so concerned?  Hmm...maybe she didn't realize that the surgeon used dissolving stitches I guess?

Offline andersonATL

• Posting Member
I think they normally don't.  But in my case since he was going out of town for over a week after the surgery he did

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply AndersonATL.. Hope all goes well in your recovery! :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024